radio shack pro 2066

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj9j

Hello.
I am getting a model pro 2066 scanner with 800 mhz in it, is this a good radio. any tips for programing or any tricks for this radio. I live in indiana. am I going to hear much of the public service stuff. or will it be used as a paper weight.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
The PRO-2006 is an classic excellent conventional scanner, and you can hear VHF and UHF public service agencies, but if your town or city is on SAFE-T then you will need a digital scanner like the Uniden BCD396T or Radio Shack PRO-96 to hear them.

DickH

aj9j said:
Hello.
I am getting a model pro 2066 scanner with 800 mhz in it, is this a good radio. any tips for programing or any tricks for this radio. I live in indiana. am I going to hear much of the public service stuff. or will it be used as a paper weight.
If you run it in the house, you will need a well-filtered power supply since it is very susceptible to 60cycle A/C hum.

Dick

bwhite

"If you run it in the house, you will need a well-filtered power supply since it is very susceptible to 60cycle A/C hum."
Never had that problem with mine

fbx22

its a great scanner that I used for 5+ years. But since the state finally went apco25 I had to get a new one since the list of things I can listen to is slowly dwindling.

bwhite

Dubbin said:
What is the deal with bringing back this old post???? Take a look at the dates...
Old, no problem. I asked about the 2006 because questions flowed thru this thread with info on both scanners.

bwhite

fireSAR said:
Sorry if I upset your apple cart, But look at the date of me joining this forum and how many post I have.
No problem, old posts can be resurrected. Welcome. As you may note, some posters are a bit frumpy, you'll get to know who they are in short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.