Radio Shack Pro-2096/Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

Hello To All. My display on my Pro-2096 has gone blank.Radio Shack will repair the unit as I did take it to my local Radio Shack.I had to put down $20.00 for them to look at it in Dallas where there Repair Depot is and I was told by the manger of the Radio Shack that they would call me if the cost of the repair was over $20.00 and if it was over $20.00 the money I paid would be applied towards to repair.The manger said I would have my 2096 back in about 2 weeks.Not bad on the turn around time.I will keep a eye on this and see how long it takes to get the scanner back to me

hoser147

Just got my 96 back last week, they had about 2 weeks turn around time. Same deal $20 bucks up front. Mine went to NY to a repair center, not sure why yours would go to Dallas. My scanner wouldnt fire up at all. Got it back and everything worked great, plus the service center sent a coupon for $$ off next purchase. Total for repair was like $49 and some change including the origanal $20. Very Pleased with the Service.

W9NES

I have a question.I have asked Radio Shack to Update my software on the Pro-2096 to the updated software that is availble for the Pro-2096 when it is being repaired for the display problem.Will they do it for me ? Would like to read your comments and if anyone has had this done by Radio Shack.Thank You.

DonS

I have a question.I have asked Radio Shack to Update my software on the Pro-2096 to the updated software that is availble for the Pro-2096 when it is being repaired for the display problem.Will they do it for me ? Would like to read your comments and if anyone has had this done by Radio Shack.Thank You.

You'll only get a more recent CPU firmware version if they replace the entire logic PCB, and if the replacement board happens to have a more recent CPU firmware version.

APTN

Repair

You'll only get a more recent CPU firmware version if they replace the entire logic PCB, and if the replacement board happens to have a more recent CPU firmware version.

Good to hear that RS is helping you out. However, I'm curious as to how they decide on repairs. My scanner went blank, and they did not repair it. They simply replaced it. I have working scanner now, so I'm satisfied.

W9NES

Update on the Pro-2096.It was about two weeks and I have the Pro-2096 back with the Display working along with the firmware updated.Radio Shack store meesed up everything and I had to call a Supervisor with Customer Service to get the corrected receipt number for the repair.Radio Shack Store I am going to is now treating me the way I should be treatred.I have been going to this Radio Shack store for years.I have asked the Dist Manger to call me back about this and so far so telephone call so I guess I will call Corporate and get them involved.Radio Shack wanted to chrage me $49.00 for the repair but I did put down $20.00 for the Repair.When the scanner came in The Radio Shack Store was to call me per Cutomer Service Supervisor and they never did.I had to call them.!Then this is very funny.When I went to go pick up the scanner they told me I owed them $49.00 for the repair.I said (No) this is not right;.I had to show the "kid" behind the counter with a calculator how much the repair was.I showed him the following $49.00 Repair (Minus---$20.00)=$29.00.I had to be (50) steps ahead of them all the time and I did all there work for them except the repair.Also when I asked the Salesperson to check on my scanner repair he informed me the it was 7:30PM Tues night when I was in the store and he could not call anyone*.I never said anything about him calling anyone*.I asked him to look it up on the Radio Shack Web Site under Repairs.If you deal with Radio Shack watch them and always be (50) steps ahead of them.

DaleV

Pro-2096

I totally agree. My display also went out and I actually called the service center and they told me it was a major flaw in the display boards. Countless had already been returned and the back orders were stacking up.
I got fed up with the promises and demanded some results. The RS manager took the last one off the shelf and said take this. a week later mine come back and I made the exchange. Figured I better stick with the repaired one.
Seriously you have to make them think you are going to get results or they will be replacing damaged stock for a long time if you get my drift.

Status
Not open for further replies.