Radio Shack Pro-2096 Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gman02

Can someone please tell me if the Pro-2096 can be programmed for the 700MHZ band. I live in Ofallon, Mo. and can not seem to listen to Ofallon PD any longer. I was told that Ofallon PD was going digital and this scanner would work. I am not finding that to be the case. I welcome any and all advise. Also if I can not program to hear them, what scanner would you suggest. Thanks in advance--Gman02

dwh367

Can someone please tell me if the Pro-2096 can be programmed for the 700MHZ band. I live in Ofallon, Mo. and can not seem to listen to Ofallon PD any longer. I was told that Ofallon PD was going digital and this scanner would work. I am not finding that to be the case. I welcome any and all advise. Also if I can not program to hear them, what scanner would you suggest. Thanks in advance--Gman02

Using the WIN96 software, you can unlock your scanner from 25MHz to 1300MHz (less cellular) which would allow you to program 700MHz frequencies. However, the 2096 will not trunk track 700MHz frequencies.

jamesa53

If you want to trunktrack 700mHZ, I'd suggest the PRO-106. Be sure to obtain programming software, Win500 specifically. The "scan list" concept the 106 uses is different than the "bank" concept, however it offers much more flexibility. Believe me if you get one of these radios you will be amazed at what it does.

However I still like my 96 and 2096!!

Status
Not open for further replies.