Radio Shack Pro-433

Status
Not open for further replies.

trg8327

I put in my trunking freqs but it will not let me listen...it shows up like someone is talking but I hear nothing..this is on EDACS.....am I doing something wrong....newbie here..thanks for the help

Bucko

It would help if you give what system you are trying to monitor (state, county and or city). You need to read your manual close starting on page 24, it is not the best manual but it pretty much tells you what to do. You will find EDACS has to be in an order starting with channel one. Pushing PGM then trunk button will get you started, it will prompt you which bank first, push the correct bank number then enter. then use your up/ down arrow buttons to choose the correct trunking mode.Then Prog F will appear, push enter and from there you enter you freqs in the correct channel. When finshed with that push enter again use the arrow buttons to choose Prog id, push enter then enter your talk groups you want. When finished hit scan and it will be in ID search, meaning it will hear all Talk groups including the ones you entered. To toggle from ID search to ID scan push and hold the trunk button till it beeps and you will see scrolling id.

DickH

... You will find EDACS has to be in an order starting with channel one. ... QUOTE]

Why, oh why, can't people get it right? It has nothing to do with ORDER. The freqs. have to start in channel 1, then they must be in the specified channels, depending on how the individual system is configured.
For example, 1, 3, 7, 8, 9, 12, 15 & 19.
Many systems ARE in order, like 1,2,3,4 etc., but they might not be.

Bucko

Please, when I said in order I meant in a correct channel order and it has every thing to do with order. If the correct freq is not in the correct channel it will not trunk it correctly. EDACS I deal with are located 1 through 6 or 7 as a rule but a different story of course with LTR which is laid out like you mentioned. The ch # you laid out is common for a LTR system.

trg8327

pro 433

I am doing the city, state and county all on differ talk groups....and they are in order....thanks for the help...that is Decatur, AL Morgan County..
for example Decatur city is on EDACS Network Standard what EDACS group would that fall under its not on my list but I can punch in the freqs.

Last edited:

jerk

I am doing the city, state and county all on differ talk groups....and they are in order....thanks for the help...that is Decatur, AL Morgan County..
for example Decatur city is on EDACS Network Standard what EDACS group would that fall under its not on my list but I can punch in the freqs.

Um, there no frequencies listed on RR for this EDACS system. What are you using for frequencies?
If you click on the below it does list frequencies, but remember you need LCN order and that does not seem to be listed anywhere. What is there is TG ID's and these are a different matter all together.

<http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=siteInfo&siteId=2778>

DickH

Please, when I said in order I meant in a correct channel order and it has every thing to do with order. If the correct freq is not in the correct channel it will not trunk it correctly. EDACS I deal with are located 1 through 6 or 7 as a rule but a different story of course with LTR which is laid out like you mentioned. The ch # you laid out is common for a LTR system.

I might be wrong, but to me "IN ORDER" means either alphabetical order (D, E, F, etc) or numerical order (12, 13, 14, etc.). Anything else (3, 4, 7) is out of order.

trg8327

pro-433

So if I get the software will it program it for me for my state city and county like it is supposed to be

N8IAA

So if I get the software will it program it for me for my state city and county like it is supposed to be
You don't need the software to program the frequencies. There are no frequencies displayed for the county system on radio reference. They need to be in logical order. You truly only need the CC. But, without any to see on radio reference, no way for us to tell you where to put it:(
Larry

n2mdk

You don't need the software to program the frequencies. There are no frequencies displayed for the county system on radio reference. They need to be in logical order. You truly only need the CC. But, without any to see on radio reference, no way for us to tell you where to put it:(
Larry

Wrong it's an EDACS system all frequencies, if they were listed, would need to be programmed in.

n2mdk

Yes but there are no frequencies listed for some reason. What's there are not frequencies for the system. There are TGID's but without the system frequencies they are useless.

freqsic5.jpg

jerk

Isnt what this is Morgan County EDACS.....

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1996

You are missing these:
856.2125 (1)
857.2125 (2)
858.2125 (3)
859.2125 (4)
860.2125 (5)
Without them your scanner will not work with or without the software ro anything else you do.

Now what order they go in I don't know.
Try them in order starting at memory slot 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
And you need to post this in the Alabama forum or ask for it to be moved by a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.