Radio Shack Pro-651 Firmware Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyKnowles

The manual for my new Pro-651 mentions checking/updating the firmware. I shelled out the money for the ACR500 Pro software only to find that manual makes no mention of checking or updating the firmware.

I also bought the RS cable and CD ROM but no hint there either. How do you check if you have the latest firmware, and if not, update it?

Thanks.

mikey60

Turn the scanner on, and when the welcome screen is shown, press the number 3 key. That will show you what versions the scanner has. The one you're most interested in is the uP APPL ver line. Note that there have been no releases beyond the version that the scanners are shipping with that I'm aware of at this point. When they are released, they will normally be available on the Radio Shack web site.

Mike

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
The manual for my new Pro-651 mentions checking/updating the firmware. I shelled out the money for the ACR500 Pro software only to find that manual makes no mention of checking or updating the firmware.

I also bought the RS cable and CD ROM but no hint there either. How do you check if you have the latest firmware, and if not, update it?

Thanks.

There have been no firmware updates released for that scanner. If/when there are, the download file will most likely be posted on the Radio Shack web site.

The download file will contain the instructions for applying the upgrade.

The ARC500 manual makes no mention of it because third party software is not used for the firmware upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.