Radio shack pro 668.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pallen444

Hello can someone tell if you can program a wild card in by hand my usb jack broke.

marksmith

I think you just go to the system involved, and add a talkgroup. From memory if you click the up or down when it asks you to define or enter the ID, you get an option for a wildcard.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
You can also try using an microSD card adapter so you can put the SD card in your computer. That's how I have to do it since the USB jack is broke on my 668 as well.

skinnyb82

I have a cheapo SanDisk USB 2.0 card reader, along with a couple readers that take the SD card and plug directly into the USB port. They'll read all SD cards, Sony memory sticks, etc. Forgot how much I paid for it but it's already paid for itself as I also use it for my phone, tablet, Android TV boxes, and digital cameras. Much easier to organize folders on an SD card using a card reader than it is to use some app to move crap around, which is sometimes very difficult due to Android being....difficult.

Check Amazon for a card reader. Probably $30, if that.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

skinnyb82

Card readers are a must have if you have a smart phone, TV box (I have four haha), digital camera and/or camcorder, not so much a digital scanner but they're still handy. My Kingston card reader is USB 3.0, paid like $20 for it on Amazon a few years ago. Reads microSDHC/microSDXC, SD, memory stick, basically any form of flash memory out there.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.