RADIO SHACK PRO 668

Status
Not open for further replies.

gambill1

For several weeks I have been trying to get updates for the pro 668. Every time I click updates or all updates, it says none available. Have the radio shack up dates been discontinued or have I missed something.

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
I cannot say for certain if the rad-shack model has been "orphaned," but I have the old GRE PSR-800 version of that scanner, and had it upgraded by Whistler--best $60 I've ever spent. It now uses Whistler handheld software and is the equivalent of a WS-1080. Now, I'm getting good use from a scanner that I had almost relegated to the junk pile.

I can say with all certainty that the upgraded scanner will handle the updates just fine.

Hope that's helpful--maybe someone else can say whether or not the 688 has been orphaned.

Good luck.

15plus1

Check out these threads. May be helpful.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Whistler Support posted a work around for this there are problems with nonwhistler scanners GRE RADIOSHACK it is posted on the forum how to do this the search function is your friend.

usmiladim

For several weeks I have been trying to get updates for the pro 668. Every time I click updates or all updates, it says none available. Have the radio shack up dates been discontinued or have I missed something.
Hello Group

Can someone tell me if two different frequencies can be recorded with the RS Pro 668?

Thank you

Milan

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
'Two different frequencies' at the same time? I kinda doubt it. Most scanners don't have 2 VFOs.....Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.