Radio Shack Pro-668

tvengr

Well Known Member
The iSCAN software will not do anything with reloading firmware. The Radio Shack site no longer exists. A standalone firmware updater is needed. I believe the latest version was 2.5. The best solution is to ship the scanner to Whistler for the Legacy Upgrade to convert it to a WS1080. That will solve the problem with both updating the firmware and the database.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Does anyone have an iScan software so I can reload my firmware ? If you can help me I would appreciate it a lot. If you can help me email me at. jamesconner49@icloud.com Thanks!!

I also need help reloading the firmware on my Proscan-668

It will make everyone's lives a lot easier to get the Whistler Legacy Upgrade. It will also add DMR, improve scanner performance, and increase the value of the scanner. You will be able to update firmware and library and do programming using Whistler WS1080/WS1088 EZ Scan software Upgrade Your Pro-18, Pro-668 or PSR-800 Scanner

Last edited:

sand1176

Need help on my Pro-668. It has lost its firmware and now only boots to the BootVer, AppVer CPU SW upgrade screen, when plugged in to the PC with a USB cable. will not boot or turn off. Need the CPU Update Utility for the Pro-668 I assume and the 2.5 CPU firmware and instructions on how to load the firmware into the Pro-668. Appreciate any help. Just want to try to leave it as a Pro-668 from the factory and not have to send it in to Whistler to get the legacy update. Thanks