Radio shack pro 92 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke4gaq

Radio not receiving. Checked antenna connections. Alk are good. What could be the cause of not being able to receive any stations???

N8IAA

Radio not receiving. Checked antenna connections. Alk are good. What could be the cause of not being able to receive any stations???
What stations, what state, what county, what city?? Too many things could be the cause.

Larry

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
The PRO-92 scanners had a reputation for the antenna wire connecting the BNC connector to the PC board in the radio breaking or fracturing the solder joint. You might be able to have a look inside and see.

When you said you checked the antenna connections, I wasn't sure if you mean inside the radio...

- Chris

wtp

my 92 quit working years ago.
there are two boards connected with pins and they always seemed to loose connection.
so i used to "perform CPR" to get it to work.
i would lay it on its back and tap the front with three fingers with the squelch off until it "came back".
your problem might be different, but who knows.
and this was the reason to get my 396T.
good luck.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Mine died years ago. Been hoping to find someone repairing these older scanners. The Pro 92 is one of the faster scanners. Shame to trash it if it could be repaired.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I had same issue that wtp described. Had to disassemble scanner, use a pencil eraser or similar on inter-board connectors. After assembling it would work for another year or so before needing it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.