Radio shack pro 92 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncledenny48

Hi
I picked up a radio shack Pro 92 hand held I've programmed in Portlands 4 main freq and I'm getting nothing is this scanner to old ? Any ideas ? The scanner is in mint condition.

Dennis

Jimbo695

If your local system has been rebanded the original version of the Pro 92 cannot be programmed for it because the firmware cannot be upgraded. Two later versions (they look identical but have a different firmware protocol) can be upgraded with a download. If you read the RR Wiki for Pro 92 it's explained in the rebanding section and you can find out how to tell what version you have.

uncledenny48

I don't think it has been rebanded and from what I read it's the opposite the original can be upgraded and the new cant, but I really don't think portland has been rebanded. Maybe someone can shed some light on that.

n0zed

pro92 on Portland Public Safety Radio System

the pro 92 will work with Portland Public Safety Radio System , BUT you will have to program all the freqs listed in the Simulcast Backbone . This scanner IT NOT a control channel only scanner , need em all.

ghk.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Portland has rebanded, however the main simulcast backbone is NOT affected by rebanding, only the intellirepeater sites.

I'm not familiar with RS/GRE scanners, but if others are saying you need all of them, then yes, everything listed next to Site 001 | Simulcast Backbone is what you'll need to enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.