Radio Shack Pro 92 Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDaveCF

I am a newbie so please forgive stupid questions. I want to scan the Racom Black Hawk County Iowa frequencies with a RS Pro 92. Is that possible? Are there better scanner choices for this type of trunking system? What is the best setup?
Thanks in advance.

DELCOLHFC

Pro-92 should be fine.

Hi Doc, Your Pro-92 should be able to follow the Racom system just fine. I'm not from the area but I do have and use a 92, they do follow EDACS systems like Racom. I just took a look in the database and it looks like most everything listed for Black Hawk County is analog so you should be able to follow your local traffic. You would know much better than I what site to program for your area, be sure to enter all the frequencies for that site (in proper order) and start in channel 001 (or 101,201,301, etc depending on what bank you use). Of course programming is easier using Win92 (it's FREE!) if you have a cable, it unfortunately doesn't support web import from the database like most of the newer programs do but it does make life easier typing on a keyboard as opposed to the scanner keypad. Also be sure to set each of the frequencies and the bank they are in to "ED" mode.
I'm sure there are some locals that may be able to add to this or make some recomendations for some other interesting traffic you may want to hear.
Good luck and let us know how you do.
Tom

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
You need all 16 frequencies porgrammed in the order they are listed (channel number 01 through channel number 16) for Waterloo site 1203. Do NOT start at channel number 00.

DrDaveCF

Racom

Can all of these be programmed on the same bank of a Pro 92? Can additional frequencies from the area that are not EDAC be on that bank as well?

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-92

Can all of these be programmed on the same bank of a Pro 92? Can additional frequencies from the area that are not EDAC be on that bank as well?
You can put other CONVENTIONAL frequencies in to the same bank as an EDACS system.

If you want to program another SITE, it will need to go in a separate bank.

Note that when you are programming an EDACS site, the bank also needs to be set to EDACS mode. If you put conventional channels in the same bank, you still need to set the bank to EDACS (not conventional).

Status
Not open for further replies.