Radio Shack PRO 92

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmark3635

Need help and advice on how to get frequencies loaded on my Radio Shack pro 92 trunk scanner. Went to my local radio shack store and they were not able to offer any help. Is there a quick and efficent way to load frequencies?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
For conventional press "PGM" and enter after you put in a freqy in a channel...If trunked press "PGM", "Trunk", set the mode -Motorola etc, press program again and put in the freqys, when finished press search....

Highpockets

Need help and advice on how to get frequencies loaded on my Radio Shack pro 92 trunk scanner. Went to my local radio shack store and they were not able to offer any help. Is there a quick and efficent way to load frequencies?

Mark

Look at this site, he has free software for programming that scanner.

Software for RadioShack PRO-series (PRO-92, 93, 95, 96, 97, 99, 163, 164, 106, 197) and GRE PSR-series (PSR-500, 600, 300, 400) scanners

You'll need the programming cable if you decide to use software.

Last edited:

jamesa53

Just dont expect Win92 to import from the RR database, it won't. Wasnt designed to. Its either manual entry or cut and paste from the RR database. Also these scanners are not that spectacular when used with an EDACS system IMHO.

N9ZN

Mark
Goto the Radio Shack website ( RadioShack - mobile phones, MP3 players, laptops, and more ) and in the search window type in the Radio Shack model number for the Pro-92 which is 20-522 and search the entire site. This will bring you to a complete owners manual for your scanner which details everything about programming the radio. One note if programming EDACS trunking leave the first channel slot (000) untouched in the bank you choose to program and begin programming in channel position (001). This is burried somewhere in the manual and must be observed or the trunking will not work for EDACS properly.

Good luck and enjoy

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Goto the Radio Shack website ( RadioShack - mobile phones, MP3 players, laptops, and more ) and in the search window type in the Radio Shack model number for the Pro-92 which is 20-522 and search the entire site. This will bring you to a complete owners manual for your scanner which details everything about programming the radio. One note if programming EDACS trunking leave the first channel slot (000) untouched in the bank you choose to program and begin programming in channel position (001). This is burried somewhere in the manual and must be observed or the trunking will not work for EDACS properly.

Good luck and enjoy
The previous answers about using Win92 is the best answer. The above advice in reference to EDACS is partially correct, always load EDACS frequencies in the proper LCN slot. For example if the EDACS frequency line-up is LCNs 1, 3, 5, 7 & 9 then you must load the frequencies in slots 1, 3, 5, 7, & 9 of the bank. (e.g., Bank 1 = slots 101, 103, 105, 107, 109). For the Win92/2067 series of radios, this does not have to be followed for LTR systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.