Radio Shack Pro 92

Status
Not open for further replies.

khawkins8

Very new to this forum. I have been told that this is only an analog scanner. I live in Austin, Tx. where I guess they use the "trunking system". I am very new with trying a scanner so please tell me where to go on this site to discuss the programming of my scanner, if even possible. Wanting to listen to the usual police, fire, ems, etc...

Thank your for any help of where to go, or what to do.

N8IAA

Very new to this forum. I have been told that this is only an analog scanner. I live in Austin, Tx. where I guess they use the "trunking system". I am very new with trying a scanner so please tell me where to go on this site to discuss the programming of my scanner, if even possible. Wanting to listen to the usual police, fire, ems, etc...Thank your for any help of where to go, or what to do.
Your scanner will not be able to trunktrack the new Travis/Austin county P-25 digital system. Not only because it went digital, but because it uses 700Mhz frequencies. You will need either a radio shack Pro-106, GRE PSR-500, or a Uniden 396XT. The RS and GRE are basically the same scanner with a little different look to them. You still might be able to hear some of the conventional FD frequencies. Not sure since I don't live in your state. Another good place to ask this question is in the TX forum.
HTH,
Larry

JamesPrine

Very new to this forum. I have been told that this is only an analog scanner. I live in Austin, Tx. where I guess they use the "trunking system". I am very new with trying a scanner so please tell me where to go on this site to discuss the programming of my scanner, if even possible. Wanting to listen to the usual police, fire, ems, etc...

Thank your for any help of where to go, or what to do.

Your PRO-92 can trunk, but it is not capable of receiving digital signals or receiving the newer 700MHz frequencies the new systems utilize, and it cannot be modified to cover the new systems. S.A.T.

In short, your circa-1999 (that's when I bought mine) PRO-92 is an obsolete, heavy, too-large, battery-sucking dinosaur with a weak backlight and a flatulence problem.

It is junk, and the best you can do for it is to send it to me, because I run a rest home for old, obsolete, useless, worn-out scanners just like your PRO-92 <g>.

Status
Not open for further replies.