Radio Shack Pro-94

Status
Not open for further replies.

gallen22

I have had my Radio Shack Pro-94 for several years. It is a handheld, supposedly "Trunking" Scanner. Our County Sheriff and Central dispatch has a trunking system on the 400mhz band (453.712 is main channel with repeater). I have programmed in several other frequencies in their trunking bank, but it never seems to work right. It doesn't follow any conversations. I hear a bunch of squeaking noises like someone keys a mike which picks up the repeater and that holds their repeater channel open for a couple of seconds and then it unkeys. I don't hear conversation most of the time. The only time I hear conversation is when the central dispatch makes a call. I don't hear much incoming calls. Can you tell me how to program this scanner to do the trunking like it is supposed to do? It won't even monitor the big city a few miles from my home which is on an 800mhz trunking system. It does the same thing--I hear a lot of mike keying up noise and very little conversation--my scanner doesn't seem to follow the conversation like it is supposed to. I have taken it to Radio Shack and e-mailed Radio Shack support. Radio Shack Support said to take it in to Radio Shack, which I did and they told me they didn't have the equipment to program it. I have a useless piece of junk that was pricey at the time I bought it. Please help

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I have had my Radio Shack Pro-94 for several years. It is a handheld, supposedly "Trunking" Scanner. Our County Sheriff and Central dispatch has a trunking system on the 400mhz band (453.712 is main channel with repeater). I have programmed in several other frequencies in their trunking bank, but it never seems to work right. It doesn't follow any conversations. I hear a bunch of squeaking noises like someone keys a mike which picks up the repeater and that holds their repeater channel open for a couple of seconds and then it unkeys. I don't hear conversation most of the time. The only time I hear conversation is when the central dispatch makes a call. I don't hear much incoming calls. Can you tell me how to program this scanner to do the trunking like it is supposed to do? It won't even monitor the big city a few miles from my home which is on an 800mhz trunking system. It does the same thing--I hear a lot of mike keying up noise and very little conversation--my scanner doesn't seem to follow the conversation like it is supposed to. I have taken it to Radio Shack and e-mailed Radio Shack support. Radio Shack Support said to take it in to Radio Shack, which I did and they told me they didn't have the equipment to program it. I have a useless piece of junk that was pricey at the time I bought it. Please help

The Pro-94 scanner follows VHF, UHF, 800, 900, Motorola I, II, IIi plus EDACS analog trunked police/fire/EMS radio systems. The Warrick County Public Safety is a LTR system and not scanable using the trunking capabilities of that scanner.

This scanner was developed over 11 years ago and there have been a lot of technology developments since then. While your scanner is still a great radio for what it is designed to do, many of the communities in your area are now using radio systems that are not able to be tracked with that radio.

Evansville, IN is scannable with that radio, look at Vanderburgh County Public Safety Trunking System, Evansville, Indiana - Scanner Frequencies and program the EAST and WEST sites in two different banks, skipping channel 0, and putting the frequencies in LCN order. set the bank and channels to ED.

gallen22

Radio Shack Pro 94 Scanner, Thanks for help

Thanks for the help and for letting me know my county's frequency cannot be scanned by this scanner. I guess I will have to purchase a new one with LTR technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.