Radio shack pro 95

Status
Not open for further replies.

win95

Trying to program mandalay bay hotel in las vegas nevada. I believe it's a trunked system. Need help programing my scanner. I downloaded the free win 95 software and purchased the usb programing cable... I figured out how to program regular frequencies and input tag names, i need step by step intructions to program trunked systems

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-95 101

Hello and welcome to Radio Reference dot com. I love my PRO-95s and have taken them to Nevada before. There are two separate trunked radio systems (TRSs) for Mandalay Bay here and here.

Both of the systems are LTR systems, and the PRO-95 does not do LTR. It only does EDACS and Motorola type systems. The best you could do would be to program in the frequencies, set them to FM and listen to the pieces of the conversations. If there is little radio traffic and that's all you are listening to, it will work ok.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
LTR scanning

Ironically, among the newer scanners, only the PRO-93 and PRO-95 can not. The following scanners I have can: PRO-92, PRO-97, PSR-300 (PRO-164).

Personally I'd suggest getting the PSR-300 (data here). While it is identical in electronic design as the RS PRO-164, support for it comes faster than for the RS model through RS. I bought mine from ScannerMaster, who is a sponsor of this site. At the time they had a sale going on and I paid $149 for the scanner which came with a wall transformer to power it at home.

If that's a bit pricey, then you should be able to find a PRO-97 out there used for less than $100 (not including shipping and/or a power transformer).

Go here to see a list of GRE scanners, and note the last column under "trunk scanning" to see which models handle LTR. Or perhaps start here to browse all major scanners.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.