Radio Shack Pro 95

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammertime7

I have the Radio Shack Pro 95 scanner.
What would be a better antenna to use other than the short one that came with the radio?
I am trying to listen to all the bands.
I find when walking around my apartment the signal goes in and out, even on the weather station.
Is there a better rubber ducky type that is better to use?

hammertime7

I also have that one from an old scanner. I never know how tall to make it to receive everything. So I was looking for a one piece antenna.

Luis_C

hammertime7 said:
I also have that one from an old scanner. I never know how tall to make it to receive everything. So I was looking for a one piece antenna.

Well, you won't find anything that is a piece antenna that will receive everything, (At least that's what I think) you have to adjust the antenna's height depending on what you want to receive. In radio shack site there's how to change it. I think the range is 25 to 1200 Mhz. But, a member, published a Excel file about how the sections should be extended for obtain the best SWR. Looking for it... If not I upload it, and in my opinion it works indeed better.

Ok couldn't find it fast, here it goes then.

Attachments

• RS Scanner ant SWR.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 79

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That Strong Signals link, among many others, is available through the scanner antennas article, which is linked as part of a sticky through the antennas wiki at the top of this forum. Lots of information - including reviews - can be found there. 73s Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.