Radio Shack Pro 96 and Pro 2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

Can anyone assist me with the settings on a Radio Shack Pro-2096 and Pro-96 Digital scanners.These are both Digitial scanners and I can hear Safe-t just fine on them but cannot receive MECA in Metro Indianapolis/Marion County.If anyone can help me with the settings to get MECA I would appreceite you help.Thank You, Tim DeLong W9NES

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Try attenuating the active control freq.

From RR Wiki on simulcast systems:
Attenuation of all the signals sometimes helps. This is of course due to the fact that if you attenuate the signals you possibly lose the ability to hear the interfering signal from the multipath source"

holeinace

Can anyone assist me with the settings on a Radio Shack Pro-2096 and Pro-96 Digital scanners.These are both Digitial scanners and I can hear Safe-t just fine on them but cannot receive MECA in Metro Indianapolis/Marion County.If anyone can help me with the settings to get MECA I would appreceite you help.Thank You, Tim DeLong W9NES

When you figure it out please let me know. I gave up a long time ago because no matter what I tried, the majority of what I heard was broken very badly.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Those were the first P25 scanners ever introduced... They are not made for CQPSK issues.

W9NES

Rdale, Thanks. I will leave the Pro-96 and the Pro-2096 they way they are set up to monitor safe-t as they do receive that very well with no problems in my Command Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.