Radio Shack Pro 96 HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

idle00955

Can anyone help me figure out how to program my radio shack pro 96 with the win96 software for the nashua nh smartzone 2 trucking rebranded system?

im just confused on how it works. maybe someone from new hamoshire has nashua programmed and can help. i guess im just confused about how the rebranded works and what setting in the win96 software need to be changed. also what freqs to use and all that.
thanks

idle00955

IVE SEEN THAT THREAD. i guess im looking for some one in nashua new hampshire that can tell me what they used to program it in win96 software. any other info i see online is too messed up to understand.

jleverin

Can't help you with your particular area, but don't give up. I have had my 96 for about 2 years and NEVER could figure out how to program it properly-unitil today! It isn't the easiest to figure out. I bought mine second hand without any manuals or anything. We have the CO DTRS system here and my local agencies all went there about 2 months ago. I was starting to believe I had been ripped by RS but people on here kept saying "YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO HEAR THEM WITH IT" so I kept trying different things with the Win96 program unitil I started playing around with it today and FINALLY got the right programming and am picking up the local fire/ police and EMS again. Glad I didn't give up and go out and buy another $500 scanner thinking this one wouldn't do it. Ask questions of the people here and read the reference stuff and wiki on here, it can help you figure out what you need to do to make it work for you. What worked for me may not work for where you are so I can't offer specifics Good luck!

66twr2009

Premium Subscriber
Try Arc96, then just find out how to upload to scanner

That's what I did. I can only do a few things with my scanner. (lockouts, upload/dwnload, & v-folder access) All the work is done with Arc96 windows software and importing from RR. Arc96 is a good one to start with. When you are more familiar with all of this....move on to Win96 if that is what you want.

Others may not choose that approach but I think I've gone pretty far pretty fast since I started and I have limited time windows to work within.

Places I did make mistakes was with:

Trunk settings: VHF...Table:
Frequency: (got some wrong)
Offset: (got some wrong)
Step: (got some wrong)

When I figured out the correct 3 settings through searching or posting on here...it would finally work. Other times I thought I had the settings wrong but they were correct. The problem turned out to be a weak signal. I drove closer to the towers to confirm. Try listening to the untrunked signal first. I've been there and good luck.

SCPD

QRT
IVE SEEN THAT THREAD. i guess im looking for some one in nashua new hampshire that can tell me what they used to program it in win96 software. any other info i see online is too messed up to understand.

did you enter those trunking tables .. THEN program the frequencies?? is this the the correct 1? Nashua Trunking System, Nashua, New Hampshire - Scanner Frequencies. program as 8000mhz, MOTO. meanwhile scroll down the main forums menu to the NH forum, Someone will probably have aalready made up file they will send you.
Paul

Last edited:

scnnr

Tell you what I made up a quick file going by the RR database for you. Try this one out if you like.

For Banks 0- 01 - 02 Nashua they are set for rebanding. If you open up the file and click on the Extended Frequencies tab you will see that I checked off 800 MHz rebanded plan in the 3600 cc plan

This file should get you started or at least till someone from your area helps you out to a better set up.

Attachments

• Nashua City.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 64

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Tell you what I made up a quick file going by the RR database for you. Try this one out if you like.

For Banks 0- 01 - 02 Nashua they are set for rebanding. If you open up the file and click on the Extended Frequencies tab you will see that I checked off 800 MHz rebanded plan in the 3600 cc plan

This file should get you started or at least till someone from your area helps you out to a better set up.
That should do the trick, nice file.

scnnr

Thanks Frank. Hope it helps him out. I forgot to change the two EDACS TG's to AFS but I don't think makes any difference.

jleverin

Actually it is really simple..

Maybe so, I didn't really need to try to program the thing until everything jumped to digital recently. Pulled my hair out for a few days until I figured out what I was doing wrong. Yeah, I was simple, once I figured out what to do!

SCPD

QRT
Digital shouldn't make much difference if Any. unless they changed some of the frequencies also

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Looks like Idle00955 found what he wanted over here at this link.

http://forums.radioreference.com/ne...nh-scanner-programming-files.html#post1055320
Yep, though the file by Mike at that link has 24 useless frequencies in bank 8 for Nashua including rebanded frequencies. The reason for rebanding may be apparent if Nextel should use those higher frequencies in area of Nashua,

IMHO, your setup in this thread should be better. If for nothing else, user can quickly isolate to desired agency by using bank toggles. Plus you have two banks empty so the user can easily merge using Edit>Bank Copy if both incidences are open. Mike's file has two empty also but your banks 0, 1 & 2 can be copied to his file by replacing his Nashua bank 9 with one and using the two empty banks for the other two. Then the user can Edit>Bank Editor to resort the banks as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.