Radio shack pro 96. problems picking up eastpointe pd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezel65

I have a pro 96 scanner and I live in eastpointe mi, when I set my scanner to scan I pick up detroit,warren.sterling heights...ect but I cannot pick up eastpointe pd or fire....I have all the talkgroup ids stored but very rarely does ep come across....I have the stock antenna and a roof mounted antenna, no change between the two...any thoughts would be great. Thanks

Try the 800MHz antenna from RS they are about $20. Since most of Michigan is digital pretty much you should be able to gain a little more decibal with the 800.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I have a pro 96 scanner and I live in eastpointe mi, when I set my scanner to scan I pick up detroit,warren.sterling heights...ect but I cannot pick up eastpointe pd or fire.

Do you have the control channel frequency programed for the antenna site that's closest to Eastpointe? You might be monitoring an antenna site that doesn't carry the Eastpointe talk groups.

Try these two freqs. 868.26250a 868.98750c the first is alternate and the other is control. try the control and see what it does. These are from the Macomb County Simulcast. And don't forget to program the talk groups for east pointe. I use the 868.98750 for Eastpointe, I live in Chesterfield.

weezel65

I have all those freqs already programed, still getting schetchy reception, Viking if you would be interested in meeting up sometime and comparing my reception to yours, I could meet you sometime, I'm laid off from work so I pretty much have a free scedule....thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.