radio shack pro 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

dblair244

Premium Subscriber
I import trunked radio feq. and talk groups from radio reference and import it to my scanner but i cannot receive anything on it i have a 800 radio that i am also listing to can hear traffic on it but not my scanner any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's almost impossible to diagnose this issue without a whole lot more information. Let's start with the basics;

a. Where are you (county/state is fine)?

b. Precisely what are you trying to hear? There are several trunk systems now that are Phase 2 that the 96 cannot hear. There are many more rebanded ones that can be heard, but the radio requires new tables that ARC96 or Win96 can supply

Go up to our Database link (blue toolbar under the site title), get the URLs for the systems you want to hear, and post 'em

c. Are you just using the standard duckie that came with the scanner, or something else?

d. Are you using it in the home, or in the car as well?

e. Since you are importing from the RRDB, you must be using either ARC96 or Win96. Which?

Once we know where you are and what you want to hear, locals can jump in to help

Mike

dblair244

Premium Subscriber
i imported from rr and with the settings it puts i cant hear nothing.

If anyone can help please do,
Thanks

jamesa53

Since this is a P25 system the OP shouldn't need custom tables those are for 3600cc Motorola systems the problem lies elsewhere

dblair244

Premium Subscriber
if i change it from mo to fm i can hear static but not voice i only know this because i have a radio here also. dose anyone have any ideas that will help.
Thanks

jamesa53

You should import the talk groups in addition to the site or open the bank the site is in
The open bank will have a + sign under the bank number
If you have no talk groups imported and the bank closed you will hear nothing Cheyenne county has several talk groups on that system

I don't know arc 96 only use win 96, I feel it's superior to the arc product it has 30 day free trial get at starrsoft.com

Rx Mode should be MOT in this case

also be sure you are importing all the site frequencies

Beware the 96 will not do the 700 MHz sites on that system but it will do a fine job on the 800 sites

Last edited:

N2UJZ

Premium Subscriber
Also, you say you hear static but can you hear the control channel data on 851.7375?

jamesa53

Talk groups have to be in same bank as your sites.

Read back from radio into arc 96 and see if the talk groups and sites are there

Should be able to hear motor boating (a raspy sound that sounds like a motorboat) on 851.73750 or 852.0625 when scanner is in manual mode. If not, you cannot receive the site, try another close to you

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
dblair244 said:
I import trunked radio feq. and talk groups from radio reference and import it to my scanner but i cannot receive anything on it i have a 800 radio that i am also listing to can hear traffic on it but not my scanner any help would be appreciated.
I hope you have better luck with yours than I did Mr Blair!!

They only had 1 left (THE FLOOR MODEL) and they sold me that one........ WHAT A PIECE OF GARBAGE!!!!!!!

The worst scanner I ever got from them!!!!!!!!! (Best one was my PRO-51 (IT MUST HAVE BEEN A FLOOR MODEL FOR A REASON -- THEY SHOULD HAVE GIVEN ME A DISCOUNTED PRICE!!))

Good luck -- Welcome ashore :)

Status
Not open for further replies.