radio shack pro197 // uniden bcd396t

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiredupsguy

hi everyone ,i bought both of these scanners this week pro197 (140.00) the uniden (200.00) have to program both, eventually will get that done ,anyway any opinion on which one to keep . i think i can make a profit on either but a little less on the 396t ( 1st glance i like the uniden a little better) on the subject of the 396t is there anyone who can help me program this thing, manual is hard to read to much tech talk, thanks,,,,...

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
wow, you got some good deals on those ;)

I own the pro-197, my only cons are that it was a pain to program, I had to buy the software/cable to program it. Also the AM freq are VERY poor. But overall, a nice scanner to own :)

As for the 396t, I am clueless on that scanner, sorry.

retiredupsguy

Hi freybear, thanks for your reply,yes i know the pro197 was a no-brainer at 140.00 i could flip it for a nice profit but i do like it at 1st glance, and radio shack programmed it for free ( i think they would have programmed yours for free) but the uniden 396t seems like a nice scanner but i cannot get it programmed i have a mac and free software is not compatible with a mac. i hope someone in here can help at some point,im new to this and really appreciate this website and all the fantastic folks in here, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.