Radio Shack Repair Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoser147

After sending my Pro 96 in thru the local store to be serviced about 2 weeks ago, I got a call from the manager today stating that they had it back from the repair center. I had anticipated it being atleast a month before I heard anything back from them. They gave me a report on the problem which cost just under 50 bucks. RS also threw in a 15 dollar off purchase of $60 or more coupon for using their service center. The scanner wouldn't even turn on when I sent it in.Kudo's on the quick return and service...

SCPD

QRT
NOT bad at all;) took me over a month with my 96 BUT they gave me another pro 96 also that was a return or display one:) for my troubles Radio Shack isn't as bad as most make people em out to be :) I sold the display unit for $225.00 & hopefully will do good on the other 1 also
Paul

hoser147

I had it riding in the back of the jeep for a week before i dropped it off :lol: Lot quicker than I expected. Had to pay em $20 to send it in, and about $30 upon its return.

Bill1

Good Repair Service

I have a PRO-106 that had the scratchy volume potentiometer issue from the day I bought it last year. It had lots of crackle for about 2/3 of its travel from the on/off position. From what I've read here on RR and elsewhere, a number of both the Radio Shack units and the GRE units had this issue.

Previously, whenever I considered sending it in for service, I had not wanted to be without the radio for a period of time, and I also worried that it would come back with something else wrong, scratched bezel etc. Finally the scratchy pot finally got to annoying me enough to look at my receipt and see that I had just two days left on my warranty!

I took the scanner in to the local Radio Shack the next day. Two weeks and two days later, today, I received it back. The pot was replaced in the Amherst, NY repair center and they did an excellent job. The unit works beautifully now and I am glad I had it corrected. I would not hesitate to use the Radio Shack repair service in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.