radio shack repair shop question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1979lee

Hey all , I sent in my pro 97 for repair (loose antenna connector) and i was wondering whats the average time it will take for rs to get me my scanner back?

thanks

jrplmil

The last repair I had them do took less than a week. I hope the same is true for you

LGLHOOK

The last scanner I sent back (Pro-96) for programming problem, I sent to Ft. Worth and it took them 3 weeks to figure out it was not repairable. They ended up giving me a new scanner from the store after 3 weeks ;-( Hope you get your sooner.

1979lee

LGLHOOK said:
The last scanner I sent back (Pro-96) for programming problem, I sent to Ft. Worth and it took them 3 weeks to figure out it was not repairable. They ended up giving me a new scanner from the store after 3 weeks ;-( Hope you get your sooner.

really , they did that? was it the same sort of problem?
iam regeting sending it to them , i probably could haved fixed it myself , but i thought i'd let the (pro's at rs ) fix it

thanks , lee:p

LGLHOOK

It was only a month old at the time and it had a program problem that would not let it recieve some talk groups in a certin range on a trunking sysytem for some reason. it was still under warranty so I did not say much other than I wish they didn't take so darn long.

1979lee

LGLHOOK said:
It was only a month old at the time and it had a program problem that would not let it recieve some talk groups in a certin range on a trunking sysytem for some reason. it was still under warranty so I did not say much other than I wish they didn't take so darn long.

thanks , yeah i dont like long waits either its been 9 days now and i am frustrated already!

thanks ,lee

Eng74

Well RS ships with UPS so figure it went out the day after you turned it in. Then three to four days before the tech. gets it then three to four days to get it shipped back. If you turned it in on a saturday they didn't send it out until monday.

John_M

1979lee Wrote:

really , they did that? was it the same sort of problem?
iam regeting sending it to them , i probably could haved fixed it myself , but i thought i'd let the (pro's at rs ) fix it

1979lee don't open the case of a scanner unless you are using a ground strap. This grounds the body and there is no potential between you and the static sensitive IC's in the scanner. You could have fixed this yourself (using a ground wrist strap). Sounds like just a loose nut on the antenna connection. You did the right thing by sending it in. Let us know when you get it back.

HOLEBILLY

I sent my 2096 in for repairs and they had it a month, then send it back still not working so I send it in again and they had it 2 weeks before they called and said go to your local RS and get you a new one on use.

1979lee

hey all , guess its a good thing i didnt try to fix it myself , (thanks for the heads up on the ground strap thing) good news i called rs today and i shold be getting my scanner back by friday , its been repaired and on its way back to bakersfield , loose solder connection.

thanks for all of your great replys

thanks lee

c_gutta

I don't know if you know this or not, but there is a toll free number on your repair receipt that you got from the store when you dropped off your scanner. As long as the store did what they were supposed to do, they can update you on the status of your scanner. (I wish all associates would tell customers this. It would eliminate lots of customer confusion)

1979lee

Mark01 said:
There is also a website >>http://corpinfo.radioshack.com/ProductRepairStatusLookup

that you can track the status of your repair progress, all the information should listed on the top part of the repair reciept.I have a Pro 97 in for repair currently and have been tracking it's progress this way.

thanks guys , yeah the reciept, i only could read the 800 # the web link was not readable

:lol: thanks

RadioShack Repair

Hey, i just sent my Creative Zen Vision:M to get repaired by rs. i personally took it apart to see exactly what is wrong with the player, and saw that the power port that connects the battery to the chip had broken off of the solder. im afraid it may not be repairable, but i just wanted to get some opinions on the rs repair service.

SCPD

QRT
make sure you call after 3-4days of dropping it off, RS is prone to setting it in the back room & forgetting about shipping it off!!.

RS repair service

AlabamaRS said:
make sure you call after 3-4days of dropping it off, RS is prone to setting it in the back room & forgetting about shipping it off!!.

Wow, are you serious. if that were to happen i would have a few things to say to them. so what prior experiences do you guys have with rs?

SCPD

QRT
Well at least that was what one of the guys there told me, when I started griping about how long it took.... about forgetting to give package to UPS etc

Status
Not open for further replies.