Radio Shack Scanner programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

powderchaser

I have a radio shack Digital I-scan scanner that I purchased just when they were closing most of the stores. It has great searching by zip code, or town name, but I can't figure out if it will take individual frequencies you want to enter. Also not sure if it will do P25 and display the digital codes. I also have an older radio shack 1000 channel older portable scanner says 1000 channels on the front with a trunking button on far right. My goal is to enter a specific frequency or scan between 163 and 164 picking up and being able to channels on a new P25 system. I believe I know the frequency so it would be best to be able to program it directly. What portable scanners are the best for these tasks.? How about the BCD325P2?

marksmith

You need to install EZ Scan on computer which allows you to set up specific frequencies as well as systems and also to make modifications to existing system programming.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
No, that's for Whistler scanners. IScan is for Radio Shack scanners.

What is the model number, please This is vital information so that we can help you correctly.

The 325 is a good scanner, but we are surrounded by systems that repeat transmissions over several towers at the same time, and depending on where you are, it might not perform very well. Only the SDS100 and SDS200 by Uniden handles this condition

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.