Radio Shack Scanner sale until 3/18/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsleigh

radio shack scanner sale

The sale includes thr Home Patrol for $399.99 web sales only. Delivery is by FedEx signature REQUIRED.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
The sale includes thr Home Patrol for $399.99 web sales only. Delivery is by FedEx signature REQUIRED.

Except the HP is now out of stock :(

Fingerhut.com (yes, Fingerhut LOL) has the HP1 on their website for $499.99, but for today and tomorrow they have a 20% off special on all orders (using code E1958 at checkout). That would make the HP1 only $399.99 for the remainder of today and tomorrow. If I didn't already have one on the way (should be here tomorrow), I'd jump all over this.

Hmmmmmm, come to think of it, I could always go for a second one. No, better not. Wife's about to kill me the way it is for ordering the first one LOL.

Anyway, just thought I'd toss that out just in case anyone was interested.

:)

( No, I am not a paid spokesman for Fingerhut; just someone who (still) gets their catalogs and e-mails from time to time LOL )

Last edited:

fredva

Feed Provider
Digital

Is the HP1 really that good compared to the PRo-164?

The HP1 is a digital scanner, the PRO-164 is only analog. That alone puts them in a different price range. Plus, the HP1 can be connected to a GPS unit and as you travel, it can use it's onboard database to scan agencies for the area you are in, without the need to program in those agencies.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hmm...tempting...are there any coupon codes good right now?

As of this moment, Radio Shack shows the HP-1 in stock for $399 with free shipping, and techbargains.com has a $20 coupon.

$379 delivered (plus tax if your location has it.)

Last edited:

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
As of this moment, Radio Shack shows the HP-1 in stock for $399 with free shipping, and techbargains.com has a $20 coupon.

$379 delivered (plus tax if your location has it.)

Glad you posted this...I just went and ordered mine. Call me a little pessimistic but since it was out of stock yesterday I am hoping I don't get an email Monday saying "we're sorry..." and it really isn't in stock. Oh well, I'll be a glass half full kind of guy today and trust that it'll get shipped out. Again, thanks for posting that...I had resigned myself to the fact that they probably wouldn't be back in stock until the $100 off sale was over. Instead I got it at $120 off and free shipping!

Very excited to get this scanner...now to start looking in my Pathfinder to see the best location to install it after I receive it and have it all setup!

Trekker65

Premium Subscriber
Hooray for Fingerhut

Fingerhut.com (yes, Fingerhut LOL) has the HP1 on their website for $499.99, but for today and tomorrow they have a 20% off special on all orders (using code E1958 at checkout). That would make the HP1 only $399.99 for the remainder of today and tomorrow. If I didn't already have one on the way (should be here tomorrow), I'd jump all over this.

>>>>Thanks for the information. Immediately ordered my HP-1 from Fingerhut using the discount code. Ordered Friday and unit arrived Tuesday by UPS.<<<<<<<<<<<

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Glad you posted this...I just went and ordered mine. Call me a little pessimistic but since it was out of stock yesterday I am hoping I don't get an email Monday saying "we're sorry..." and it really isn't in stock. Oh well, I'll be a glass half full kind of guy today and trust that it'll get shipped out. Again, thanks for posting that...I had resigned myself to the fact that they probably wouldn't be back in stock until the $100 off sale was over. Instead I got it at $120 off and free shipping!

Very excited to get this scanner...now to start looking in my Pathfinder to see the best location to install it after I receive it and have it all setup!

Got mine from RS today...messed with it a little tonight. I think I have figured out how I want to set it up (favorites lists) to scan different things so I will be working with that tomorrow night to see if I am thinking it through correctly. Then to order a bracket to mount it with!

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987

>>>>Thanks for the information. Immediately ordered my HP-1 from Fingerhut using the discount code. Ordered Friday and unit arrived Tuesday by UPS.<<<<<<<<<<<

Cool!! How are you liking it so far? I don't think I've had mine off for more than an hour since I got it. I'm even leaving it on at night and having it record while sleeping.

TAK21

If the Pro 197 is what you are looking for...

scannner master is still showing them on sale for 299.99

stealth916

Premium Subscriber
I bought a PRO-164 during this sale, only to find out I need a lot more gear (computer, cable I/F, software) just to be able to monitor rebanded trunked systems - which is the very that reason I bought the scanner in the first place. I never needed a computer to program and fully enjoy using anytime, my previous RS trunk tracking scanners?!? So back it goes. Honestly after this asinine experience, I will probably never patronize RS/GRE scanners again. HP1 looks interesting but I'll wait for HPx or sub $300 on HP1...

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I bought a PRO-164 during this sale, only to find out I need a lot more gear (computer, cable I/F, software) just to be able to monitor rebanded trunked systems - which is the very that reason I bought the scanner in the first place. I never needed a computer to program and fully enjoy using anytime, my previous RS trunk tracking scanners?!? So back it goes. Honestly after this asinine experience, I will probably never patronize RS/GRE scanners again. HP1 looks interesting but I'll wait for HPx or sub $300 on HP1...

Do you know that the HP1 will require a computer to bring the database up to date in the scanner so you can program in the changes when a system has rebanded?

Well, Guess the Pro-18 and 107 are also out of the question too. Have not looked but I think that some of the Uniden sanners required a firmware update, computer required, to pick up rebanded systems and may require a computer to properly program them?

Status
Not open for further replies.