Radio Shack scanner that I can program from PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9-cop

I want to purchase a new scanner from Radio Shack but I am not sure what to get. I want something with an Alpha/Numeric display. Is it possible to connect any other their scanners to a computer and program freqs and text display from the computer to the scanner? If so where do I get the software and such?

I am looking at the PRO-2055 or the PRO-97. Are these a good chose for what I have requested above?

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
k9-cop said:
I want to purchase a new scanner from Radio Shack but I am not sure what to get. I want something with an Alpha/Numeric display. Is it possible to connect any other their scanners to a computer and program freqs and text display from the computer to the scanner? If so where do I get the software and such?

I am looking at the PRO-2055 or the PRO-97. Are these a good chose for what I have requested above?

Thanks,
Mike
Yes the PRO-2055/97 are exellent choices IF there are no digital systems in your area. If you need to receive digital, Radioshack sells the PRO-2096 and the PRO-96 which are also exellent scanners. All of these scanners I mentioned have AlphaNumeric displays, and can be computer programmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.