Radio Shack Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8TJD

Premium Subscriber
I lost my software disc for a Radio shack pro 18.. can anyone help with a link or a solution?

Also, I have a Radio Shack Pro 668 that I may need to send in for repairs. I cannot access the card, and I need the driver to use with windows 10.

thanks for any help,

Tom W8TJD

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
For both of them, if you can ever get them operational, you're going to be better off to send them to Whistler for the upgrade.

I *think* with the PRO-18, isn't the IScan app on the SD card that came with the scanner?

And with the 668, did you try a different SD card?

There's likely to be a Yahoo group or groups.io list for these radios - if no one here responds, that's your first line of attack...Mike

W8TJD

Premium Subscriber

DJ11DLN

I have both Pro-18 and Pro-668 versions of iScan on my Google Drive, if the link above doesn't work for whatever reason, PM me your e-mail addy and I'll add you to the access list. Drivers should be included.

The Pro-18 came with a CD...it was the 668 that only had the files on the card. Lots of folks forgot to copy the card before formatting and loading it, later needed the drivers (thanks for nothing, Microsoft) or to re-load iScan...poof!

That said I'll also recommend sending it in to Whistler. The upgrade is a very well-spent $60 that will add a ton of capability to the scanner.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
The upgrade is well worth the money. I have both my Pro 18 and PSR 800 upgraded. Be sure to switch to the Whistler EZScan software after the upgrade.

wthclt

Premium Subscriber
That said I'll also recommend sending it in to Whistler. The upgrade is a very well-spent $60 that will add a ton of capability to the scanner.

Will the Pro-18 receive phase 2 after upgrade? I called Whistler customer service yesterday and was told it only added DMR...? I have read many conflicting details.
Thanks in advance for any info.

DJ11DLN

Will the Pro-18 receive phase 2 after upgrade? I called Whistler customer service yesterday and was told it only added DMR...? I have read many conflicting details.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Somebody at Whistler was apparently having a brain fart. It will decode p.2 after the upgrade...the upgrade in effect turns it into a WS-1080, which was a p.2-capable scanner right from the get-go. And you do get DMR as well.

Better decode quality, better audio, and more other features added to the menu are additional benefits of the upgrade.

wthclt

Premium Subscriber
Got my scanner back today with the upgrade...seems to pick up some things better than before and sounds clearer on others. Still figuring out the EZ Scan software even though it is very similar to the iScan Radio Shack software.

Status
Not open for further replies.