Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyager

Radio Shack's repair unit is no longer doing anything, and they stopped selling the PRO-18 because they could no longer get stock, as the GRE manufacturing plant shut down. They recalled any existing GRE stock and dumped it.

The 18 was $80 when the 800 was $500 because at the time the 800 was the only scanner that could decode P25 Phase II. Radio Shack never issued the update to the firmware that supported it. There are also other missing features from the PRO-18.

SCPD

QRT
Bought a 651 on EBay and there is no firmware installed. Called Radio shack a total of 15x and each time I mention the firmware is missing they hang up!!!! Really!!!! Offer me some help, tell me to send it in and they will fix it have some kind of customer support, NOPE just hang up. Any suggestions on when a software update is coming or if you are reading the Radio Shack put a link to software updates on your site so people can fix their expensive radios. Any help from anyone would be appreciated .

RadioShack Corporation
NYSE: RSH - Feb 2 5:33 PM ET
0.24Price decrease0.04 (13.32%)

RadioShack defaulted on a debt. Sprint in talk with RadioShack

My personal feelings are two fold. One hand I will miss RadioShack. On the other hand I will be happy they closed. I got tired of shopping and seeing over priced items. Sick of customer reps unable to understand what I am looking for. One time I walked in asked where the shortwave antenns's were. the clerk was like, "I do not know what that is".

mikepdx

Another one bites the dust.
I feel sorry for the employees.

I hope there are that many Wal-Mart greeter
and box boy positions (if they qualify)?

PS: I hope none of us hobbyists have
any prepaid special order parts on order with them.
You can probably kiss that cash goodbye.

metallitrunks

Premium Subscriber
Just bought a pro-651, hoping I get it in time to be able to shop the local RS for some clearance parts before they go...

Blackswan73

I just found out from another thread that Whistler has posted a 2.8 file on their site for bricked 1040/1065 radios. You might try this and see if it restores your radio. It seems at this point you really haven't anything to lose.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Never mind, I guess the firmware author has stated Whistler firmware is not compatible with the RS radios.

Nope, it will not work with the RS branded models and is likely what killed the OPs unit. It's too bad that no FW files were released for the OP's model as it could be easily recovered if the needed bits were posted somewhere.

Some engineer probably has the needed bits on a computer somewhere out there.

Dawn_Adams

Premium Subscriber
As others have said, I would go after the seller on eBay and get a refund. As for getting anything from RS, good luck with that. Something to think of - buyer beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.