Radio Shack supposedly has the pro-164 for $169

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbigkilla

I have a friend who works at Radio Shack and all scanners are on sale as of today 5-31.

Terminal

mrbigkilla said:
I have a friend who works at Radio Shack and all scanners are on sale as of today 5-31.

Sale starts tomorrow, both 162 and 164 will be $169.99, but you didn't hear that from me :)

mrbigkilla

Difference between the 162 and the 164?

OK, so what exactly is the difference?? I'm confused!

Terminal

CStarr59 said:
Is that in store only, bacause none of the stores around me have the Pro-162 yet. Although it can be ordered from the warehouse by the store.

If you order from the store via Direct2U (D2U), it's the same cost as buying in the store, so any sales will apply.

mrbigkilla said:
OK, so what exactly is the difference?? I'm confused!

One is GRE, one is Uniden? :p

Honestly, without going on a point-by-point comparison, they're probably pretty in line with each other based on price point alone.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Its a toss up!

Im undecided!
I want to give this new (Uniden Made) pro-162 a try. However, for reasons I still do not and probably will never understand, they did not include 7.5 Khz. spacing. Why 6.25 and not 7.5 I dont know. I know the scanner will round off to the nearest step but still. The other candidate, the pro-164 (Gre Made) reminds me of the pro-97 which even with pl tones ,would still allow interference in. SO I dont know, I dont know which way to go with this!.....

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.