Radio Shack Thinned Out Their List of Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Is it radio shack or the manufactures offering less options? No more TRUE BASE units would account for a couple.

Now days most options are either digital or analog then handheld or mobile. Trunking is almost mandatory, although there is a few non trunking still.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Is it radio shack or the manufactures offering less options? No more TRUE BASE units would account for a couple.

Now days most options are either digital or analog then handheld or mobile. Trunking is almost mandatory, although there is a few non trunking still.

They have a good representation of the GRE manufacture scanners, but none of the new Unidens are present. In fact they don't even carry the older Uniden digital models, no Uniden digital scanners at all. Now that I take another look, they don't even carry any Uniden Trunk Tracking scanners. Just conventional analog.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
It did look as though they trimmed out the mid-high end Unidens.
I see nothing above a 370 weather scanner.

But their prices were way out of range for the high end Uniden units over $100 above anybody else so they probably never sold any. Then decided not to keep them anymore.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Not that I knew of, or read online.

GRE appears to run separate from Radio Shack, even in America there is GRE America in Belmont California.

But hey I could be wrong with some of these huge companies, you never know who owns what.

Does or doesn't Radio shack have some money in GRE? I was under the impression Rs had bought GRE at one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.