Radio Shack Usb Scanner programming driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the driver that they can send to me or post a link here so I can get my cpu to read that the hardware is installed properly.. I have everything on my desktop but i am put it on my laptop now too and cannot find the disk.

Thanks..

KC2PXV

I am having a VERY difficult time installing the driver CD/ connecting my Pro97 Scanner with my computer. I am attempting to follow the directions word for word but my computer running Microsoft XP isnt recognizing the scanner. I believe that is needed first then the driver installation.

My PC running Vista recognized it, however the driver CD doesen't work with Vista (to my knowledge and research around the net).

If anybody has any tips, they'd be greatly appreciated.

qlajlu

Silent Key
I am having a VERY difficult time installing the driver CD/ connecting my Pro97 Scanner with my computer. I am attempting to follow the directions word for word but my computer running Microsoft XP isnt recognizing the scanner. I believe that is needed first then the driver installation.

My PC running Vista recognized it, however the driver CD doesen't work with Vista (to my knowledge and research around the net).

If anybody has any tips, they'd be greatly appreciated.
The cable must NOT be connected to the computer when you install the drivers. After the drivers are installed, the computer will recognize when new hardware is connected and go look for the drivers but the drivers must first be there to find.

KC2PXV

The cable must NOT be connected to the computer when you install the drivers. After the drivers are installed, the computer will recognize when new hardware is connected and go look for the drivers but the drivers must first be there to find.

I understand that, however, I double clicked every icon in the folder titled: "Driver" and none will open, most are mysterious file types that I cannot open.

qlajlu

Silent Key
I understand that, however, I double clicked every icon in the folder titled: "Driver" and none will open, most are mysterious file types that I cannot open.
The cable is designed to be used as the communications link between the scanner and the computer but you have to have a medium work through (interface) such as programming software. It is the software that gives you the control.

What are you trying to do?

Last edited:

KC2PXV

The cable is designed to be used as the communications link between the scanner and the computer but you have to have a medium work through (interface) such as programming software. It is the software that gives you the control.

What are you trying to do?

I am trying to get the cable to work with the computer. I purchased the Win97 Software but I need my computer to be able to recognize the scanner, According to the instructions in the packaging, I need to install the driver. The computer does not automatically recognize the provided disc I inserted. So I went to My Computer, double clicked the disc and all thats on there is a bunch of files that I described in my previous post.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Go into Device Manager on your PC after you have connected the cable and see if it has assigned a USB port to the cable. Open the WIN97 software and see if it is using the same port number. As I recall, in WIN97 you could select the port number in the program.

Other than that, I'm at a loss why the drivers did not load. I'm hoping they actually did. You might need someone with more experience than I have to help you out.

KC2PXV

Go into Device Manager on your PC after you have connected the cable and see if it has assigned a USB port to the cable. Open the WIN97 software and see if it is using the same port number. As I recall, in WIN97 you could select the port number in the program.

Worked perfectly! Thank You for your help sir.

Have a good day/ weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.