Radio Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ambulance2014

Hey everybody so I did a recent forum on this and got some advice and feedback on a system I wanted to program on my radio. So I recently was watching some youtube videos and saw that some people that have the Motorola MTS 2000 radio can program it as a scanner for conventional frequencies. I viewed some video about it and don't clearly understand. I know you need the programming cable and CPS software but don't know how to get that. So I am wondering if anybody in the Calgary area that can help me out on were to take it to get programmed by a radio tech or someone who knows how to program a radio like this to act as a scanner but not transit with the configured setting from the PC.

Can anybody refer to me to a place in Calgary to go that would be able to help me with something like this?

Any help is appreciated

VE6E0

Hey everybody so I did a recent forum on this and got some advice and feedback on a system I wanted to program on my radio. So I recently was watching some youtube videos and saw that some people that have the Motorola MTS 2000 radio can program it as a scanner for conventional frequencies. I viewed some video about it and don't clearly understand. I know you need the programming cable and CPS software but don't know how to get that. So I am wondering if anybody in the Calgary area that can help me out on were to take it to get programmed by a radio tech or someone who knows how to program a radio like this to act as a scanner but not transit with the configured setting from the PC.

Can anybody refer to me to a place in Calgary to go that would be able to help me with something like this?

Any help is appreciated

First, the CPS is a licensed product by Motorola Solutions, Inc. To get a legitimate copy, you will need to sign a license agreement with them, though there are so many copies in the wild, one can find it.

Then you will need to get a RIB box, (RLN4008, I think is the part number), though again, knock offs about. Add in the programming cable.

I believe the MTS2K CPS will only work on Windows XP, so if you have a more recent version of Windows, I believe you will be SOL.

Programming in conventional personalities is pretty straight forward, though you have to remember the scan list is slaved to the personality, and only allows 15 members. The maximum number of scan lists maxes out at 20, IIRC, haven't programmed a MTS2K in over 20 years, so I may be a bit rusty, though I do have the CPS/RSS manual around here. You can make the scan members user selectable, and change the members on the fly, which is easy on a model 2 or 3.

Not sure what radio shops in Calgary can do it. Try TAC Solutions or any of the other big Motorola shop, though since the radio is EOL, they may of scrapped the tools for programming, if they ever had them.

If I was going to use a Motorola radio to scan a conventional system, I would get something current. Many online retailers, with current production. This why, you get a radio on spec, with warranty and parts and accessories are available.

Corrections, as always, are appreciated and welcome.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.