Radio Technician Training In Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
scanman9 said:
Just wondering if anybody knows where they offer radio Technician training in ontario.canada

The Canadian Armed Forces will pay you to learn that skill. :) , if that's not your cup of tea , I was going to suggest DeVry , but they seem to have vanished. :confused:

pathalogical

mciupa said:
The Canadian Armed Forces will pay you to learn that skill. :) , if that's not your cup of tea , I was going to suggest DeVry , but they seem to have vanished. :confused:
Here they are, www.devry.ca only now they are just a tad further away than where they used to be at Finch and Arrow Rd, which is now an Ontario Court of Justice. Sometimes there's a media frenzy there trying to get a shot of high profile arrests leaving the courts.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I went to RCC - they're definatly not in the radio business anymore. Their big thing is computer networking/hardware/software stuff these days. They offer an electronics program but it isn't radio oriented. It's mostly geared towards digital electronics and that kind of thing. It's a great school for electronics engineering and computer sciences, but if you're looking for something specific to radio technician type of stuff, RCC probably isn't the place for you...they do have a course in their electronics program called Communications, but it's not very in depth and isn't all that radio oriented.

Back when I went to college, I looked for a program that was tailored to the 2-way communication industry and I couldn't find anything. Maybe that's changed these days mind you.

xml

There's more than just being a "tech" per se. Most radio shops do more than simple radio systems/repair work. If you're interested in career, I'd highly suggest having a very strong background in electronics/RF and computing & networking theory. Some of the larger radio shops might manage large, multi-site trunked systems for instance... this is stuff you need to have a strong understanding in.

Get a BSc man. Well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.