Radio testing on 408.975 - more Richmond questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF4ZTO

Yet another unID'ed one in Richmond guys, 408.975 P-25 clear voice, various users doing radio checks. Heard something about "Law 2" and "1156 to control".

Anybody know what this could be? Maybe the new federal courthouse? USPS? An image of something else? No P25 UHF users in Richmond to my knowledge...

Very sporadic traffic, but could be a repeater. I'll be listening some more....

KF4ZTO

Just did a quick google search, probably should have done this before, but its coming back as a Secret Service freq...

Edit:

Sounds like its some sort of security-related traffic. Certainly repeated, or at least a high power base station talking to mobiles.

Last edited:

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
The McGuire VA Hospital uses P25 on UHF, but I don't think that's one of the frequencies.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

W4UVV

Petersburg FCC

Yet another unID'ed one in Richmond guys, 408.975 P-25 clear voice, various users doing radio checks. Heard something about "Law 2" and "1156 to control".

Anybody know what this could be? Maybe the new federal courthouse? USPS? An image of something else? No P25 UHF users in Richmond to my knowledge...

Very sporadic traffic, but could be a repeater. I'll be listening some more....
http:

What's the NAC? If it is "413" you are hearing one of the voice repeaters in the Petersburg FCC trs that has been operational for at least 5 years. 1100 series are used for FCC Zone 3.

//www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2502

KF4ZTO

I guess somebody should add these to the database? As well as that they're repeated, or at least 408.975 is.

-ZTO

Status
Not open for further replies.