Radio tests - Cal Fire/Riv Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkenny53

RRU 2, isnt used much, RRU 1 is used alot. I think CALFIRE uses 2 more than one.
What I have found, is West dispatch comes in clear, then the next time I can barely make out what they say. it seems to be hit and miss on clear radio and bad signal. I was wonder if I am getting reception from different towers and the scanner grabs what it gets to first.

djpaulino

Premium Subscriber
RRU 2, isnt used much, RRU 1 is used alot. I think CALFIRE uses 2 more than one.
What I have found, is West dispatch comes in clear, then the next time I can barely make out what they say. it seems to be hit and miss on clear radio and bad signal. I was wonder if I am getting reception from different towers and the scanner grabs what it gets to first.
RRU 1 is West Dispatch, your signal strength depends on what site ( repeater) the dispatch goes out on. RRU 2 is used as a command channel and gets used a lot on vegetation fires. RRU 3 is East (desert dispatch).

bb911

RRU 2 is used a lot on fires. Sometimes it's better to monitor the input freqs. rather then the output freqs.. BDF has a couple of UHF links that are sometimes better then the VHF inputs or outputs.

Kingscup

Feed Provider
RRU2 used to be the primary command channel for vegetation fires. Starting last year, more of the RVC command channels were used first for some of the vegetation fires. Even for SRA fires. I am not sure of the reasoning behind this. I haven’t listened much this year to see if that practice is still in place. RRU2 is still used but I am not sure how it is determined which frequency to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.