Radio Tone RT4

Nextel493

My Radio Tone RT4 is dead slow and restarts all by itself. It's almost as if it's being overloaded by me opening many apps at the same time, but that's not the case. I only open one app. When I turn it on it's very slow booting up completely, so I leave it alone until I feel it's ready. I open an app, and most times it freezes and reboots. Once it reboots it "usually" won't do it again but is still dead slow, even while trying to TX and RX on Zello, making the convenience of two way communication pointless, especially when it reboots in mid sentence. There's always some kind of lag in all apps at all times, even when using something as simple as the file manager. Is anyone else having these issues? Is there anything I can do to fix it? I've already emailed Radio Tone twice but received no replies. They are useless.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Have you tried doing a master reset of the unit?

Nextel493

Have you tried doing a master reset of the unit?
I haven't, but I've been thinking of trying it. The reason I haven't done it yet is because this started from day one, which kind of rules out any apps I personally installed. However, I definitely will (very soon) unless I get someone who has figured out a sure way of fixing it without having to reinstall everything. I do appreciate your response. You guys have always helped me out (y)

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I have an RT5 that lags when you first boot it up, then its okay. I would also try and clear the ram and see what apps my be running in the background that you don't really need.

Nextel493

I have an RT5 that lags when you first boot it up, then its okay. I would also try and clear the ram and see what apps my be running in the background that you don't really need.
Thank you for your reply. I had previously stopped a few apps from starting on boot up which didn't help much. But I tried what you said. I looked through the apps and ram and each app was needed unfortunately. However as I was trying your suggestion, I was only using the system app (for quite some time) and I noticed it was working fine. It didn't reboot itself either. I'm thinking Radio Tone devices need an extra long time to fully boot. I'm going to try leaving it on all the time for a few days and see if that's the problem.