Radio traffic on tornado ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD70MAC

I heard some Helo traffic on one of the Viper channels today,must have been surveying the damage.(it was in and out when I was on high spots)

televiper75

I was kicking myself in the rear for not being near a scanner when all this happened - the tornado touched down in Ellenboro (Rutherford County), maybe 30-40 mins from my house. I spoke with a Rutherford dispatcher today - no fatalities.

Drafin

I live close to where the borders of Caldwell, Burke, Catawba, and Alexander counties meet.

Let's just say that the usage of VIPER in these circumstances kept everyone in touch and made coordination much easier. EMS and fire being able to talk directly to units (sometimes from other counties and agencies) for coordination of rescues of entrapped people was amazing.

The real interesting comms came from the rescue of the couple trapped in their basement with the house collapsed on top of them.

Draf

SCPD

QRT
Statewide 800Mhz trunked network: Voice Interoperability Plan for Emergency Responders (VIPER)

kd8x

Rutherford Co Emergency Management has been active on Viper during recovery ops....

Status
Not open for further replies.