Radio Tripod / Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb_lonny

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
A decent sized tripod designed for a video camera would work. They'll support 3KG easily.
As for attaching it, 1/4" x 20 thread is standard for smaller tripods, with some larger production cameras using 3/8" x 16 threads.

I might put a 1/4x20 riv-nut on the bottom of the case and just mount the whole thing to the tripod.

majoco

Stirrer
I saw one of the office girls wheeling a broken chair towards the scrap bin - it never got there. Cut the remains of the back off and the base of the seat unscrewed- attach a piece of MDF - job done. It just matches the height of the floor of my wagon for off loading heavy radio and lots of other uses. The two holes take pegs which match 'attachments'.

DSC_2283.jpg

pb_lonny

I saw one of the office girls wheeling a broken chair towards the scrap bin - it never got there. Cut the remains of the back off and the base of the seat unscrewed- attach a piece of MDF - job done. It just matches the height of the floor of my wagon for off loading heavy radio and lots of other uses. The two holes take pegs which match 'attachments'.

View attachment 93330

That looks perfect, will track down an old chair.

cognetic

Premium Subscriber
I bought one of these with a significant discount code several months back: Tripod Desk — Intension Design
Very Portable and tripod is very good quality. I've tried a couple of other ready-made solutions and this one is the best design. Making one for myself, I could definitely do so with improvements - essential to have a high quality tripod that is simple to pack/carry. This looks similar to the one used by intension design; however, I suspect it is a knock off of a better quality one that they have used - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IUO068S/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_8?smid=A3JI8FYVP5BRX8&psc=1

-cognetic

majoco

Stirrer
I bought a thing like this from "K-mart" at a ridiculous price - I think it was NZ$15! It's supposed to be a pushbike stand which is mainly what I use it for and it does that job very well - mostly solid steel but the tubes are aluminium - quite heavy. Anyway, whenever I want to put a loop or something experimental outside, this is what I use and it hasn't blown over yet. It folds down fairly flat for transport.

DSC_2284.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_2285.jpg
    DSC_2285.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 30

spacellamaman

I bought a thing like this from "K-mart" at a ridiculous price - I think it was NZ$15! It's supposed to be a pushbike stand which is mainly what I use it for and it does that job very well - mostly solid steel but the tubes are aluminium - quite heavy. Anyway, whenever I want to put a loop or something experimental outside, this is what I use and it hasn't blown over yet. It folds down fairly flat for transport.

View attachment 93465
oughtta put it in the frontyard for Halloween. looks like some sort of voodoo effigy. the homeowners assn. will never notice it's an antenna and be too scared to ask. ya know, being a witch and all...

scan_madison

Not my intention to hijack the thread. I thought this would be a good place to post this.
I have few portable receivers that need stands. One option is to purchase plastic ones. I
found this design I thought would be cool to make. Any thoughts?
book_stand.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.