• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Radio/Unit IDs in the range of 1677#### - why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
On several different DMR systems with very different industries, I have seen RIDs (or UIDs for those people) like 16776300, 16776242, 16776331 etc. show up usually on base/console radios.
Generallt the RIDs in each of these systems for the various mobiles and handhelds follow some logical numbering pattern with sequential lower 2 3 or 4 digit numbers. Is there a vendor that uses this RID and suggests it not be changed? Some other reason?
thanks
w

Is there a vendor that uses this RID and suggests it not be changed? Some other reason?
Maybe it conforms with a numbering plan that is used system-wide?

Here in CT the ID's consist of the town tax code followed by the unit number making it identifiable and uniform across he state..

Reconrider

Maybe it conforms with a numbering plan that is used system-wide?

Here in CT the ID's consist of the town tax code followed by the unit number making it identifiable and uniform across he state..
Where do you find the tax codes at?
Found them by using google who would have thought :)

Ubbe

On several different DMR systems with very different industries, I have seen RIDs (or UIDs for those people) like 16776300, 16776242, 16776331 etc. show up usually on base/console radios.
I would have used those numbers, that are possible outside of the normal number plan, as temporary loaner radios or other temporary use. Or, if it only where data and no voice traffic on those RID's, as a link for GPS positions or text messages or alarm points.

Also remember that scanners sometimes throws out those kind of numbers from it's decoder and are not actually used in the system, if it's only a one time event for a particular RID.

/Ubbe

motobot213

Ø Manager
Premium Subscriber
Generallt the RIDs in each of these systems for the various mobiles and handhelds follow some logical numbering pattern with sequential lower 2 3 or 4 digit numbers. Is there a vendor that uses this RID and suggests it not be changed? Some other reason?
thanks
w
SmartPTT default DMR consoles are in the range you mention. Since you mentioned base/console radios it might be that?

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Thanks, Motobot213 that sounds just like it! Yes these are dispatch positions, and the RIDs make sense now! Thanks again1
w

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Looks like Motobot231 has the info! Yes I have seen it in 3 states and 5 different industries so SmartPTT is the answer!

nd5y

If you convert decimal to hex you will see those are in the FFF000-FFFFFF range.
TGID 16777215 (FFFFFF) is all-call.
I don't know what a RID of 16777215 means.

a417

[OT - but slightly relevant] Until you see the older DOT traffic control signal boxes that the numbered off-by-one (-1, IIRC) in the towns they were located. I always got a chuckle out of that. There's still a box numbered 88 in New Britain, a box numbered 93 in Newington, and there was one in Rocky Hill which was 118...and they should have been 89, 94 and 119 respectively. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Ubbe

It's probably a mixup between the programmed code like 0-255 and the its number name 1-256 in a user interface. You see that a lot with site numbers and channels that site 0 in a data stream and in the system programming but are named site 1 in the user interface.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.