RadioFeed 2.6 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
RadioFeed 2.6 just released.

RadioFeed is a free program with two powerful features; Source Client and Web Server. The Source Client streams to Broadcastify, IceCast, and ShoutCast servers.

What's New
  • Added - Scanners Text Tag Support - BCD536HP, BCD436HP, & BC346XTC.
  • Added - Program Title/ Caption - Now can display info in the Caption area using a Custom Formatter such as Scanner Type, Directory, Time, Frequency, Channel Name, etc.
  • Improved - Changed option for automatically connecting the Source Client & starting the Web Server when program loads.
  • Improved - Changed the RS-232 Serial Port .Net Framework control to my own as it was causing high CPU cycles for a few users.

Text Tags supported for the BCT8, BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BC898T, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BCD996T, BCD996XT, BR330T, HomePatrol, PRO-18, PRO-106, PRO-107, PRO-197, PRO-2052, PSR-310, PSR-410, PSR-500, and PSR-600 scanners.

RadioFeed is available at ProScan on the right side of the page.

RadioFeed Setup Instructions - The RadioReference Wiki

Last edited:

NYRHKY94

Hi Bob:

Great news on text tag support for the new Unidens. I just tested my BCD536HP using the serial drivers released by Uniden and I keep getting "Unable to Open Com Port" in RadioFeed when trying to establish text tag streaming. Audio is streamed, but can't establish a serial connection? Have you tested with one of these new units?

Thanks - Mike

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi Bob:

Great news on text tag support for the new Unidens. I just tested my BCD536HP using the serial drivers released by Uniden and I keep getting "Unable to Open Com Port" in RadioFeed when trying to establish text tag streaming. Audio is streamed, but can't establish a serial connection? Have you tested with one of these new units?

Thanks - Mike
RadioFeed tested with the "uniden_usbser.inf" (from BCD536HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki) and "BCD536HP-WinVista7Com.inf" drivers. Both work.

Does the Windows Device Manager show the port as working and enabled? Also check the Device Manager for the correct port assignment.

This is what the working port should look like in Device Manager
Device%20Manager%20Ports.png

Last edited:

NYRHKY94

Bob:

IGNORE the above. I think I found the problem. After doing some searching with the unable to open com port error, I did view / hidden devices in Device Manager and saw multiple references to Com Ports being used by the HP-1 and other devices. I removed those to get a clean slate and then reinstalled the Uniden Serial drivers for the BCD536HP. I got a new Com Port assignment (COM 3) and then started Radio Feed. Sure enough it worked as expected.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Bob:

IGNORE the above. I think I found the problem. After doing some searching with the unable to open com port error, I did view / hidden devices in Device Manager and saw multiple references to Com Ports being used by the HP-1 and other devices. I removed those to get a clean slate and then reinstalled the Uniden Serial drivers for the BCD536HP. I got a new Com Port assignment (COM 3) and then started Radio Feed. Sure enough it worked as expected.

It turned out the problem was RadioFeed couldn't open up comm. ports greater then 9. Fixed.

NYRHKY94

Thanks Bob. Great customer support & service as always :)

P.S. Now we just need a fix to the headphone jack noise issue so we can start streaming with good audio....

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
is the new version 2.6 or 2.7

The last release 2.6 had a little bug with opening comm. ports higher then 9.

• Added - Broadcastify My Feed button. Click to see your feed details on the Broadcastify web site.
  • Fixed - Comm. ports higher then 9 wasn't opening.

RadioFeed Setup Instructions - The RadioReference Wiki

RadioFeed is available at ProScan on the right side of the page.

My Radio Feed pop up saying that a new update was out ver 2.7. However the download still says and shows ver 2.6 and in the whats new box, still shows ver 2.6 dated the 8th of Feb, but at the top says a new ver is out ver 2.7. Even tho the web site shows the new download as ver 2.7.

I am confused if there is a new ver 2.7 or your new changes were done and it was kept at ver 2.6?

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
Is the new version 2.6 or 2.7

**** Duplicate ****

Last edited:

NYRHKY94

After downloading Radio Feed version 2.7 from the Proscan web site and installing it, this is what the About tab shows:

Last edited:

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
Thanks, NYRHKY94

For some reason when I clicked on the pop up from 2.6 to download 2.7, it always when restarted was 2.6 and not 2.7.

So I did go directly to the website and downloaded there and did get the correct version of 2.7.

Not sure now if it was my mistake doing something wrong or the link in the popup was still going to 2.6. Any ways it is taken care of and I got the latest.

Thanks again..

an39511

Thanks, NYRHKY94

For some reason when I clicked on the pop up from 2.6 to download 2.7, it always when restarted was 2.6 and not 2.7.

So I did go directly to the website and downloaded there and did get the correct version of 2.7.

Not sure now if it was my mistake doing something wrong or the link in the popup was still going to 2.6. Any ways it is taken care of and I got the latest.

Thanks again..

Same thing is happening to me so I don't think it is something you are doing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.