RadioFeed RadioFeed Drops URL Connection From SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilwar

Feed Provider
RadioFeed and SDS200.

For some reason unknown to me every once in a while (at least once a day) RadioFeed will stop broadcasting and nothing will be heard on the Broadcastify stream. When I check RadioFeed the "URL Setup" box will be blinking red, if I turn the scanner off and then back on it will reconnect. Just curious why this is happening and how I can fix it.

sacscorpio

Welcome to the club. I get the same thing. I've checked my lease time on my router and its set to 52 weeks, by my choice, just not sure why its doing it either.

kilwar

Feed Provider
Welcome to the club. I get the same thing. I've checked my lease time on my router and its set to 52 weeks, by my choice, just not sure why its doing it either.
Well that's unfortunate but thanks for the info.

Side note, nice username. I'm also a Sac Scorpio.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
So radiofeed is still working but the connection of the scanner to radiofeed is failing? At least thats how im reading it.

kilwar

Feed Provider
So radiofeed is still working but the connection of the scanner to radiofeed is failing? At least thats how im reading it.
I think that's correct. The "URL Setup" option in RadioFeed blinks red and when that happens RadioFeed is still working and connected to Broadcastify (but with no audio). Once I restart the scanner that fixes the "URL Setup" blinking red issue and it works, until the same thing happens again eventually.

bdp278

Feed Provider
I have the same exact problem, about once a week. I have seen previous postings for the same issue, and seems to have something to do with the connection from the router to the scanner drops out for more than 10 seconds, then the audio URL connection disconnects, but the source feed connection still runs.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Here are some possibilities that can cause the BCD536HP WiFi and SDS200 LAN audio dropout problem when using ProScan or RadioFeed.
  • Running AVG antivirus software. That software will interrupt the TCP traffic.
  • Bad Ethernet cables or connectors in the path from the scanner to the router. If the scanner loses the Ethernet connection for more than 60 seconds then a scanner power cycle is required.
  • BCD536HP WiFi interference.
  • Computer, ProScan, or RadioFeed abruptly reboots.
  • Trying to connect multiple programs or multiple instances of ProScan or RadioFeed to the same scanner WiFi or LAN audio.
For a test, try running VLC connected to the scanner to see if it does the same thing.

JasperRidley

CATV Lineman - Entry Level Amateur Radio User
Premium Subscriber
Also dealing with similar issues and will try the VLS method. Has anybody set up some sort of alert type job that will text or email you if you lose audio and or connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.