Radiofeed & DSD+ & Unitrunker & VBCable Win10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dufus

I'm trying to setup streaming my 1 rtl-sdr dongle setup to the internet. I'm using windows 10, cable modem, wireless router, Unitrunker, DSD+, VBCable and RadioFeed. All I get is static and a control channel sound if I use input of the vbcable . If I pick the mic then I hear the room audio. Audio from the dongle setup is clear and strong so I'm losing something I guess in the audio transfer. The system I'm scanning is P25 st tammany simulcast in LA if that makes a diff. Missing a little something. I've tried the direct address with the port and also routing it through no ip. anyone have a clue what I should try or correct? The device I'm trying to listen to the internet url is an android cell. I've turned off it's wifi so I'm not on wifi with the computer I'm using in case that would conflict. thanks

riccom

Premium Subscriber
-.- .- -. ... .- ... / -.-. .. - -.-- / -- ---
You may need another computer to make it unless you use a second soundcard that loops the output from one to the record from another card.
May work i am going to try it myself

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Dufus

ok thanks. i have two dongles, had it setup and working good, didn't see to affect it when I switched to one dongle. that was before i was trying to stream it. will give that a go.

satboy8888

If you're only hearing the control channel on the stream, you're streaming the wrong audio.

Hint: you need to keep the digital audio and decoded audio separated. This means you need to use another virtual audio cable.

From unitrunker to dsd, use cable "A" for example, a good clean digital audio path to dsd. Set dsd to listen to that output. Then output from dsd to another audio cable, say cable "B" and set trunk recorder and/or radio feed to listen to that.

satboy8888

ok thanks. i have two dongles, had it setup and working good, didn't see to affect it when I switched to one dongle. that was before i was trying to stream it. will give that a go.
A second dongle will allow it to pickup frequencies that are carrying a talkgroup isn't within the allowed distance away from the active control channel. One dongle must remain on the active control channel but can also pickup other frequencies nearby, within the physical limits of the dongle. The second dongle can jump around to catch frequencies outside of that range while the main dongle maintains the control channel to see if a higher priority talkgroup starts talking.

satboy8888

You may choose to keep only the signal vco on one stick and the single voice vco on the other. However....

Reminder: each voice vco must have it's own pair of virtual audio cables for digital audio and decoded audio. If you double them up it'll be difficult / near impossible to decode two digital audio streams on the same virtual audio cable; like listening to two talk radio stations and trying to write it down in real time. :)

Your computer may handle a single real time decode but if you get to receiving multiple talkgroups on both sticks voice vco's, you may find the processing power just isn't there to keep up. You'll find high error rates and high processor usage as indications. The remedy is to spilt up the tasks to only one signal vco on one and the one voice vco on the other.

Dufus

"The remedy is to spilt up the tasks to only one signal vco on one and the one voice vco on the other."

That's how I set it up. Still trying to get a grip on cabling. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.