RadioFeed Memory Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else had this problem with RadioFeed? I downloaded Radio feed so that I could broadcast tags with my BCT15X and ever since I've done that it keeps having problems. First was it kept timing out and disconnecting on me. So I've disabled the firewalls and antivirus as suggested on another thread and that seemed to help the timeout issue but now it's like it's got a horrible memory leak. I have 3gigs of RAM in the feed PC and not doing anything but feeding the stream. This happens once a day then I restart the PC and it fine for a few more hours and then the next morning I'll find the program has crashed again. The time changes from day to day so it's not something running on the computer I don't think, beside I have everything shut down except for the feed software. Anybody have any suggestions I might try? I've attached a photo of the crash window that appears when it happens.

Attachments

• 2012-01-13 11.53.20.jpg
    2012-01-13 11.53.20.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 219

mk262

Premium Subscriber
You should take a screenshot of the processes tab in task manager. It's not likely radiofeed is the problem, but rather something else.

I'll get a photo

I didn't read this until after I restarted the PC again today, but I'll get a photo tomorrow of the processes. Though I have checked the processes before and it showed radiofeed as the problem.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone else had this problem with RadioFeed? I downloaded Radio feed so that I could broadcast tags with my BCT15X and ever since I've done that it keeps having problems. First was it kept timing out and disconnecting on me. So I've disabled the firewalls and antivirus as suggested on another thread and that seemed to help the timeout issue but now it's like it's got a horrible memory leak. I have 3gigs of RAM in the feed PC and not doing anything but feeding the stream. This happens once a day then I restart the PC and it fine for a few more hours and then the next morning I'll find the program has crashed again. The time changes from day to day so it's not something running on the computer I don't think, beside I have everything shut down except for the feed software. Anybody have any suggestions I might try? I've attached a photo of the crash window that appears when it happens.

Looks like the scope is causing a problem in Spectrum Analyzer mode. Turn off the scope and see what happens.

On my test, I don't see a memory problem and the CPU utilization is around 5% not 89% like the Task Manager shows.

Looks like the scope is causing a problem in Spectrum Analyzer mode. Turn off the scope and see what happens.

On my test, I don't see a memory problem and the CPU utilization is around 5% not 89% like the Task Manager shows.

I'm not familiar with the spectrum analyzer mode. Can you direct me to where I can find and disable this part at? Thanks.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm not familiar with the spectrum analyzer mode. Can you direct me to where I can find and disable this part at? Thanks.

That's the scope displayed on the Source Client & Web Server tabs.
Double click the scope until it turns off or right click and select Off.

Well after trying that and it still crashing on me. I believe it's not the program that is at fault here. I have moved the feed to a new computer and so far all is well. Still not sure exactly what went wrong on the old PC, but something obviously got changed. Anyway... Thanks for all your help on this.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if one of those "helpful" Windows/Microsoft Update packs clobbered the .NET build.......?

Yeah that's what I've been thinking.

I wonder if one of those "helpful" Windows/Microsoft Update packs clobbered the .NET build.......?

Ever since this last round of updates both my main PC and my laptop have been acting strange. So I'd almost be willing to put money on it that MS is the one to blame here. Wish they'd learn to get their crap right BEFORE releasing it. Apparently that's too much to ask! Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.