RadioFeed Need Testers To Verify Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I need testers for the Source Client intermittent disconnects

There were two issues here.
1. Source Client was intermittently disconnecting from the server. I tested with people via email and this appears to be resolved.
2. When a disconnect was occurring, the Auto Reconnect wasn't always connecting. This was an intermittant on top of the other intermittent so it was kind of rare. I never was able to duplicate it but saw a problem in the code and should be okay now.

I need more testers to verify.

Download and copy the executable file over the original executable. This file is just the executable and assumes that you have the latest RadioFeed program installed. It should be production quality.

www.proscan.org/RadioFeed1.zip

This file contains these fixes
  • Fixed - Web Server Metadata Delay setting was changing the Delay on all Web Browser instances.
  • Fixed - Web Server - Edge and IE browsers cosmetic problem.
  • Fixed - Source Client intermittent disconnects - Need more testing
  • Fixed - Source Client Auto Reconnect sometimes wouldn't work right if connection is lost - Need more testing

jeb2942

Feed Provider
Just an update, I've been using Radiofeed 4.1 for 24 hrs on two feeds with no drops,

Early yesterday morning while using Proscan 12.1 I had two drops on both feeds lasting a minute or two each but in all cases they reconnected properly. Prior to using Proscan I had been using Radiofeed 4.0 and was noticing the dropouts every couple of days or nightly at times. I switched to Proscan 12.1 and had been running that a day with the two dropouts when Radiofeed 4.1 became available.

In the past using Radiofeed 4.0 I experienced the inability to reconnect on both feeds but it was maybe once a month so pretty rare.

Jim

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Just an update, I've been using Radiofeed 4.1 for 24 hrs on two feeds with no drops,

Early yesterday morning while using Proscan 12.1 I had two drops on both feeds lasting a minute or two each but in all cases they reconnected properly. Prior to using Proscan I had been using Radiofeed 4.0 and was noticing the dropouts every couple of days or nightly at times. I switched to Proscan 12.1 and had been running that a day with the two dropouts when Radiofeed 4.1 became available.

In the past using Radiofeed 4.0 I experienced the inability to reconnect on both feeds but it was maybe once a month so pretty rare.

Jim

Thanks for the report. If RadioFeed happens to drop for whatever reason,, it should re-connect. In about 10 day, I will put up a ProScan test file with the same fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.