RadioFeed Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I am using the 536HP with the WIFI Dongle.

Have the url on the client source page and the one on the Metadata page. Both have the correct URls (both matches that is shown on the scanner's WIFI info IP address.

1. Connection to Broadcastify keeps connecting and disconnecting.
2. The UDP Connects does not show up on the source client page.
but shows up on the metadata page.

Please note this also happens when I try to using the PROSCAN main program as well.

Please point me in the right direction on how to correct the problems.

Major thanks.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am using the 536HP with the WIFI Dongle.

Have the url on the client source page and the one on the Metadata page. Both have the correct URls (both matches that is shown on the scanner's WIFI info IP address.

1. Connection to Broadcastify keeps connecting and disconnecting.
2. The UDP Connects does not show up on the source client page.
but shows up on the metadata page.

Please note this also happens when I try to using the PROSCAN main program as well.

Please point me in the right direction on how to correct the problems.

Major thanks.

Is the connection from RadioFeed to the scanner Wi-Fi intermittent or can't connect at all?
First try power cycling the scanner. Insure using the scanner IP address in RadioFeed and in the correct format.
If the Packet Loss is high it may be due to Wi-Fi interference or a flaky Wi-Fi Dongle.
Insure not using AVG Anti-Virus software as that software interrupts TCP connections.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
ok it seems the wifi its intermittent. Is there a way around the AVG software ? or how do create passthrough the avg software.

Also how to get the udp connection to work,

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Also how to get the udp connection to work,
I should of mentioned the audio RTSP protocol requires a TCP connection used for control and keep-alive. If the TCP connection breaks then the UDP also breaks. The data or display side doesn't have this problem as that uses UDP only and not TCP.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
So if the UDP connection is not shown as connected. it should be ok in respect to the UDP Connection.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Have some great news (at least I think is).

Updated the Radiofeed program with the new verison and it seems like it did the job.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Update the radiofeed program has been updated to current verision. But I am still having problems with disconnecting and then either it will reconnect or I will have to do it.

Thanks for all the help thus far.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Update the radiofeed program has been updated to current verision. But I am still having problems with disconnecting and then either it will reconnect or I will have to do it.

Thanks for all the help thus far.

I believe the latest version is rock solid at this point. The problem could be anything on the near end (including the ISP) or the far end. Some people use a program called PingPlotter to isolate the problem.
Are you still using AVG Anti-Virus software? That will interrupt the TCP connection.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
ok still having connecting programs as stated earlier. Have removed the Avira from equation. Also updated it to the current version (4.5) of radio feed.

With ping program, I really do not what I am looking for.

mckinscan

Feed Provider
HI

I notice everytime i start the Radio Feed it give a pop up saying to select the input device and the default input device is selected it been doing that since the Last newest version before the 4.5 it never did that on the older version of Radio Feed

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
HI

I notice everytime i start the Radio Feed it give a pop up saying to select the input device and the default input device is selected it been doing that since the Last newest version before the 4.5 it never did that on the older version of Radio Feed

It's fixed. Will be in the next version. For a work around, set the Input to None then back to the input desired.

mckinscan

Feed Provider
Hi Proscan,
I have tried your work around and it doesn't work as it still give the same error when you start the radiofeed up any idea when the next version be available that include the Fixed. thanks.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi Proscan,
I have tried your work around and it doesn't work as it still give the same error when you start the radiofeed up any idea when the next version be available that include the Fixed. thanks.

Why don't you email me and help fix a bug(if any) if you want the latest file.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi Proscan,

I didn't get your email yet but anyways I looked at this. The problem I believe is the audio input is not enabled or plugged in. When you changed from "Primary..." to None and back to "Primary..." Did you get a message ": A device ID has been used that is out of range for your system."? If yes then go to the Win Mixer to find out what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.