RadioFeed (v6.1) - Unable to Connect to Broadcastify Server - Error Code 1 and 9

W5EBC

Feed Provider
All,

There is a previous thread (ProScan Errors) which seems similar to what I am experiencing. It is locked and it never appeared to have been resolved...unless reinstalling fixed it? There is also this thread (RadioFeed 4.4 errors) which seems similar, was also never posted as resolved, but which was also locked.

This morning I woke to an email that my Broadcastify feed was down. Looking at RadioFeed (v6.1) I see a continuous stream of error messages: "Unable to Connect to Broadcastify Server - Error Code 1" and "...Error Code 9" less frequently. I would post some screen grabs of RadioFeed and PingPlotter results, but this forum does not allow direct upload of pictures, you have to use a third-party hosting site to create a link to the picture which I will forgo. But, I do now see that I can make them attachments and so I will try and upload them that way. Other details:
  • Hardware:
    Device name DESKTOP-L7STFB5
    Processor AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
    Installed RAM 8.00 GB
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  • Operating System:
    Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 22H2 Installed on ‎7/‎30/‎2020
    OS build 19045.2965
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

• Windows Update:
    May 9, 2023—KB5026361 (OS Builds 19042.2965, 19044.2965, and 19045.2965) - Successfully installed on ‎5/‎12/‎2023
Browsers all work and load every page that I test. And so I am just kind of running out of ideas. Someone may suggest that I reinstall the application and I may try that next. There was no Windows Update that did this, my anti-virus is PC Matic Super Shield and has been since I built the computer a few years ago and predating the RadioFeed application installation months ago. I am just mystified at why in a steady state configuration I would suddenly get these error messages. I have written to Bob, the software creator, and hope to hear back from him. Absent hearing back from him hopefully someone will offer a useful suggestion here on this forum. Oh, and specific request to the forum mods - Please do not allow this thread to be locked until I come back and post the final solution.

Much thanks,

Phillip

Attachments

• audio1.broadcastify.com.png
    audio1.broadcastify.com.png
    266.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Error Log.jpg
    Error Log.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 23

GigaSound

Premium Subscriber
Phillip, same issue here with v6.1, same troubleshooting and I also tried a different ISP. I also have two other feeds from different locations. From the other locations I can connect to two other feeds/mountpoints but not the one having issues this morning. So for me, RadioFeed will not connect to one mount point from two locations and two ISPs. I sent a help desk ticket on RR. I use audio9.broadcastify.com and tried the other ports, same results.

Scott,

W5EBC

Feed Provider
Scott and Bob,

Thanks, it never occurred to me that it could be completely over at the Broadcastify end of things. OK, for the benefit of future searchers of solutions to this problem I will follow up once it is resolved. Thanks much to both of you for the tip! I genuinely appreciate it, especially since I can't get the two hours of my life back. LOL

Phillip

SaukScanR

Feed Provider
Your feed was last seen online on: 2023-05-31 05:08:12 CDT (15 mins ago)
My feed, as well as several others on my dashboard are down. What's strange is that RadioFeed shows connected, with 12 listeners. I'm on audio9.
After a reboot: unable to connect Error Code 1
And why are my posts requiring moderator approval?!?!

Last edited:

W5EBC

Feed Provider
Bob,

I will post a reply and see if it works for me. Here is something that interests me:

Error Log with red box.jpg

Hey, hey, hey! I like to learn new stuff. :cool: Thanks much for the tip. OK, I searched RadioFeed documentation and could not figure out anything reference the error codes. I also could not expand the text box to fully read the part in red. There is no obvious export button associated with that box. If the author sees this note I have a couple of requests: 1) Please add an export button right there on the box. 2) Add some error code details to the help file. If I had been able to get the information either way I would have saved much of those two hours.

Thanks guys!

Phillip

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Bob,

I will post a reply and see if it works for me. Here is something that interests me:

View attachment 142785

Hey, hey, hey! I like to learn new stuff. :cool: Thanks much for the tip. OK, I searched RadioFeed documentation and could not figure out anything reference the error codes. I also could not expand the text box to fully read the part in red. There is no obvious export button associated with that box. If the author sees this note I have a couple of requests: 1) Please add an export button right there on the box. 2) Add some error code details to the help file. If I had been able to get the information either way I would have saved much of those two hours.

Thanks guys!

Phillip

If I had been able to get the information either way I would have saved much of those two hours.
{edit} I don't think that would have helped but the 'Source Client Log.txt' log file will show the whole lines.

If ProScan or RadioFeed has been working then all of a sudden you're getting 'Unable to connect to Braodcastify ...' The first thing I would do is check here for the audio server status.

The error codes are meaningless. They just mean the TCP near side can't reach the far side. TCP can't or doesn't report where the problem is. Some use PingPlotter for that.

Suggestions get higher priority when going here 1st.
suggestions.png

Last edited:

colincd

Hi there,
I am getting the same issue with RadioFeed and Broadcastify.
Error Code 1

Audio9 is the server.

I get sporadic timeouts when I ping audio9.broadcastify.com

Colin

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Bob,

Can you please supply the link to what that screen capture is depicting?

Thanks,

Phillip
It's in my signature. Here it is

Ps2jrg

Add me to the list.

Three of my feeds is giving me error code 1

One feed was able to connect though.

Pretty strange.

KC7DL

Feed Provider
I have a feed going to both Broadcastify and Railroad Radio. Broadcastify won't connect, the Railroad Radio feed connects fine. Another feed of mine at a different location is connecting to Broadcastify.

ehankins

Hi there. This issue (or something similar has happened often to me in the past. Our IT department says they have nothing blocked on their side of things, Error Code 4 is the message I keep getting. I am not a computer guy, just a dumb fireman. Any thoughts?

Also, just updated to v21.2 with no help.

TIA

1685741055680.png