RadioMax Rochester TIII

k2hz

Database Admin
I have noticed something odd with RadioMax Rochester TIII(HYT). 461.475, which had been a voice LCN on Site L13-1.1, is now operating as a Control Channel showing Site L13-1.2 DCC 2. There is no Neighbor List showing for either site. Site L13-1.1 is operating with its normal CC and LCNs minus 461.475.

All traffic is showing as "ACK: MSG ACCEPT" and the RIDs seem to be from multiple subscribers but there is no voice traffic. It appears the frequency is still at the same site and they have set it up with a different site ID and DCC as an isolated channel for data only.

k2hz

Database Admin
I have noticed something odd with RadioMax Rochester TIII(HYT). 461.475, which had been a voice LCN on Site L13-1.1, is now operating as a Control Channel showing Site L13-1.2 DCC 2. There is no Neighbor List showing for either site. Site L13-1.1 is operating with its normal CC and LCNs minus 461.475.

All traffic is showing as "ACK: MSG ACCEPT" and the RIDs seem to be from multiple subscribers but there is no voice traffic. It appears the frequency is still at the same site and they have set it up with a different site ID and DCC as an isolated channel for data only.
After I wrote this, Site 1.2 is now accepting voice traffic from 2 TGs and I am attempting to confirm the LCN frequencies.

Upon further review, it appears the channels at the location have now ben split between the 2 sites with each having 3 plus their CC.

Last edited:

k2hz

Database Admin
Getting it sorted out now - Site 1 kept 6 frequencies but apparently gave up 461.475 and 461.975 to Site 2. Somewhat confusing since DSD+ displays LSNs vs the Channel ID shown in RRDB. The third LSN I saw for Site 2 on DSD+ (643/644 = 454.000 ??) appeared to be questionable so checking further.

Finally got some 454.000 voice traffic - Checking FCC info for frequencies 454.000, 461.475 and 464.975 - License is KNID319 S Bristol so this is a new site, not Rochester. Mystery solved. I have been checking for a few weeks and never got voice activity prior to the morning. Site appears to have only 2 voice TGs and long periods with no voice activity but fairly constant data.