RadioReference Announces Proximity Based Searches for FCC Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
RadioReference is pleased to announce the release of proximity based searches for FCC license data. All RadioReference users now have the ability to enter a Latitude, Longitude, and Range (up to 4 miles) to search for FCC Licenses in that radius range.

See the FCC Licenses section of the RadioReference Database to get started.

Some related additions include a location helper tool that is available to help users define search areas (small icon on the FCC search section). This tool allows users to click on a map to define a center point Latitude and Longitude, then click again to define a range - which is then sent to the query database form. Another new feature is a new proximity search that is available directly from any existing callsign entry by clicking a callsign's location point on a map and choosing "Proximity Search." The proximity search will search for all licenses within a 0.1 mile radius of that location.

Enjoy the new features!

Last edited:

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I get no results when I enter the lat/lon of my QTH. I am within 2 miles of 3 different police HQs...not sure what else to try.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
well unless I know your qth and range you searched for... I dunno.

However just because the hq is down the street from you doesn't mean anything. Transmitters are licensed by location...repeated sites sit in different locations.

Also, did you use the location tool to make sure you are not messing up your lat long?

eorange

Sorry - where is the location tool that provides a lat/lon for me? Couldn't find it right off. I will give that a try.

I am pretty sure those sites are licensed where I think they should be, but let me check it out again.

eorange

I got it, my bad.

I found the location finder tool icon right next to the "Search Proximity" label - didn't even notice that was there the first time around. (That tool is worth the price of admission alone!).

Anyway, I had forgotten the "-" on my lon. Works perfectly!

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Lindsay C. Blanton, Webmaster.... Bless your heart.... this is awesome! Much better than ULS and easier to navigate.... Now if I could only get my clipboard to work in Firefox 3! (EDIT: I removed FF3 and reinstalled FF2, all is well! EDIT)
if I had a unitcharlie seal of approval I would attach it....

collier

Last edited:

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
This works great! Now I know why I can't get good signal at my Austin location, NexTel tower about a tenth of a mile from the apt.

Last edited:

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
To get your exact (well very close to exact) location go to yahoo maps and search the address.... On the address bar of the browser it will have a lat and lon...

cubn

Database Admin
Coupled with Antennasearch.com, this search addition is making it easier to locate those property management (ex. mall, stadium/arena) freqs that can be tricky to find. I particularly like that you can customize the search radius. Thanks!

n8emr

How about a google map style interface for mapping antennas and towers instead

Status
Not open for further replies.