RadioReference Announces the Retirement of All Ad Serving

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
RadioReference.com is pleased to announce that we are retiring, deprecating, and removing all advertising on RadioReference.com, with the exception of our partnership banner ads and links with Scanner Master.

We expect to immediately disable all ads within the next 15 days and have this transition completed by 5/15/2022.

There will be no changes to Broadcastify.com - ads will continue to remain there.

If you find value with RadioReference as a community and resource, we hope you'll support the site by becoming a premium subscriber. Benefits of being a subscriber are oulined here:

** Offer not valid in all areas. Your mileage may vary. We reserve the right to show ads to people who are mean to us our our staff. Objects may appear closer than they actually are. No dark theme will be available

Last edited:

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
All the cranky a-holes from the other thread (myself included) should smash that Subscription button. Sacrificing revenue to provide a better (and safer) browsing experience is something that a company just doesn't do anymore. I don't need the Subscriber benefits of the site, but I sub'd anyway to support Lindsay's decision. Even if you don't believe the $120k number above, quarter it and recognize that giving up even $30k in revenue is a big deal.

Credit where it's due... good job LCB3.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
All the cranky a-holes from the other thread (myself included) should smash that Subscription button. Sacrificing revenue to provide a better (and safer) browsing experience is something that a company just doesn't do anymore. I don't need the Subscriber benefits of the site, but I sub'd anyway to support Lindsay's decision. Even if you don't believe the $120k number above, quarter it and recognize that giving up $30k in revenue is a big deal.

Credit where it's due... good job LCB3.

In support of RR and the @blantonl decision, despite not needing to renew any time soon, I went ahead and contributed another two years (720 days).

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Awesome...going to renew my premium as a thank you to Lindsay and everyone else on the site that does great work!

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I will Continue to Subscribe for as long as I am around, I may not agree with LB all the time about everything, but I have to be honest, there is real value for the radio/scanner Hobbyist in this site and it is the standard

K7MFC

WRAA720
All the cranky a-holes from the other thread (myself included) should smash that Subscription button.

Done and done! I've been a premium subscriber for several years, renewing for 6 months at a time, only when I needed to next pull down data to reprogram a radio. But I just renewed for a full year, and from here on out I'll keep this premium subscription active.

AA1Abx5.png

Much respect to Lindsay for taking positive action on the feedback received. Couldn't be happier to be part of this community (y)

K7MFC

WRAA720
@blantonl I couldn't send you this directly so I'll make it public:

Hey dude, I just wanted to send a personal note and say I'm really impressed with your decision to remove ads from your site. I gave you s#!t, and I apologize for comments that were out of line. I get a ton of value from what you provide and I'm happy to support with a premium subscription. You're passionate about this thing and it shows.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.