RadioReference.com Database Upgrades for 8/2/2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Some fun positive news for this forum... :cool:

Just rolled out the following features/updates for the RadioReference.com Database:

1. Many Many Bug Fixes, nit-picks etc.
2. Search for Identified Frequency by state now includes a United States Option and Canada Option to search the entire country for the use of a frequency.
3. New Search for Indentified Frequency and PL/DPL Tone by State (US and Canada options as well)
4. Couple internal database changes for upcoming features and administration from my perspective.

Enjoy!

Premium Subscriber
Thank you sir, as always much appreciated !:p

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Since about 12pm, searching for frequency with-in the state (using the search feature on the individual states main page), returns all states, not just the state you are currently viewing.

It does work properly from the home page of the database.

Tone option is great!

Another idea could be to search for frequency in "Metro Area".
This would help in metro areas that are in more than one state.
(like the St. Louis area)

Last edited:

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Also, I believe it used to list alphabetically by county, now i'm not sure how its listing, but the counties are mixed up now.

And, now, the FCC Database search from the state page is displaying all states, with no "city" or "county" in the return. State column is not even displayed. It does work fine from the main page.

Last edited:

xevious

Awesome!! I have a suggestion, how about a TG search feature (just like the Freq search).

Just my 2 cents worth ,

Thanks again for the awesome updates!!!!!!!

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sort order fixed.

I'm not sure how a tg search feature would be helpful other than what is already in place. TGIDs are specific to systems. Can you elaborate on why this might be needed?

John_M

Instead of going right to the forums when I log in I am going to have to spend some time in the database to learn what is all available. Upgrades sound great.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
blantonl said:
2. Search for Identified Frequency by state now includes a United States Option and Canada Option to search the entire country for the use of a frequency.
3. New Search for Indentified Frequency and PL/DPL Tone by State (US and Canada options as well)
Enjoy!

Excellent additions, Lindsay. My thanks. This makes things a lot easier when trying to track down those elusive DX hits, and reinforces the importance of including PL and DPL information whenever possible when adding to the database.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
tweatherford said:
Since about 12pm, searching for frequency with-in the state (using the search feature on the individual states main page), returns all states, not just the state you are currently viewing.

It does work properly from the home page of the database.

Tone option is great!

Another idea could be to search for frequency in "Metro Area".
This would help in metro areas that are in more than one state.
(like the St. Louis area)

I noticed the same thing, it returns all returns within the US.

The search metro is a great idea!

Good work Lindsay!

dgoodson

Feed Provider
The Freq + PL search has already helped me zero in on identifying a couple of previously-unknown stations

ScanMan0001

Is anyone else having a problem downloading a .pdf file under the Download tab? I just tried it and I get a "Sorry, module isn't active" message.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I'd like to see a tone-only search, so it would be easier to identify new freqs that have a common tone with other freqs for an agency or business. And it has been addressed before that a nationwide option for this would be vital for state border areas (Ex. Wash DC, Virginia, MD, WVA, PA all too close together). This tone search is nice, but all it seems to do is narrow the search a little from the beginning, instead of looking down a list of tones for each freq. Thanks

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
ScanMan0001 said:
Is anyone else having a problem downloading a .pdf file under the Download tab? I just tried it and I get a "Sorry, module isn't active" message.

Yes, that was a bug that was introduced in the lastest rollout - I just updated the module and fixed this.

My appologies for not tackling this until now...

Boomeranger

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
One thing that I can pick a nit with is after logging out, the page claims that all cookies have been cleared, which is not correct.

Andy
Scannist
Professional Boomerang Thrower (Retired)

Status
Not open for further replies.